We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ORBITZ flight change.... don't even try

Milwaukee...
reviews: 1
ORBITZ flight change.... don't even try

It seems impossible to change flights on line with Orbitz. I had two flights both 6 weeks away that needed change.

I am not even talking about the change fees, it is the waiting time on the phone that is killlng.

On line change seems impossible and you will spend AT LEAST 20 minutes on the phone, waiting in silence while "they" are desperately trying to make a simple change. It is a complete mystery why an airline can make a date change with 2 clicks and Orbitz takes a 10 minutes for each flight segment... advice DON"T CALL THEM EVER!

Anybody else this experience?

16 replies to this topic
Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
reviews: 35
1. Re: ORBITZ flight change.... don't even try

Pretty much almost everyone on here books directly with the airline, why put something between you and the airline? You usually find the exact same price on Orbitz as you do the actual airline so there is no advantage to using them at all.

If you think changing a flight is a pain try resolving any issues when Orbitz is the go between.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
2. Re: ORBITZ flight change.... don't even try

The primary issue with booking through 3rd parties is the level of after sales service as you have discovered - if you wanted to benefit from " airline can make a date change with 2 clicks " then you need to book direct with the airline in the future.

Any savings you made on the original booking will probably be outweighed by the level of customer service.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
3. Re: ORBITZ flight change.... don't even try

It probably wasn't that simple to change your flight dates but in the end you got the changes made. Think yourself lucky you booked with a reputable firm like Orbitz, I can't begin to think what would have happened if you'd booked with edreams:-))

Iowa
reviews: 27
4. Re: ORBITZ flight change.... don't even try

20 minutes on the phone to change flights and that's "killing"?

Sounds like you got along pretty good.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
5. Re: ORBITZ flight change.... don't even try

A whole 20 minutes!! Seriously? How precious is your time when 20 minutes out of your day is 'killing'?

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
6. Re: ORBITZ flight change.... don't even try

"Anybody else this experience?"

I wish. I feel I often have to wait longer than that to get things done on the phone.

London, United...
reviews: 23
7. Re: ORBITZ flight change.... don't even try

Have to agree with the others, ten mins a segment is pretty good going, I know you think an airline does it much quicker, but in reality it's not a huge difference if that's all it took,

Maybe patience is the answer, 20 mins is really not a big deal in this scenario.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 360
8. Re: ORBITZ flight change.... don't even try

I wish I never spent as much as 20 minutes waiting on the line with airlines. And your subject line doesn't even say 20 min. wait. It strongly implies you cannot change, so don't try. Misleading.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 75
9. Re: ORBITZ flight change.... don't even try

Also I think 20 min is probably better than typical. I've easily been on hold half an hour for what you'd think are easy things and that is direct with the airline.

Chiang Khong...
reviews: 1
10. Re: ORBITZ flight change.... don't even try

Hi

when will people learn you book thru a third party only for convience and cheaper price.

all changes and further dealing must be done with the actual airline.

I have used Orbitz many times never a problem as I never talk to them after I purchase ticket.

Reply to: ORBITZ flight change.... don't even try
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted