We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carry on bags

Grimsby, United...
Carry on bags

Hi,

I will be flying with Air Canada in August and they have the max dimensions for carry on bags of H23cm, W40cm, L55cm and I thought I had the perfect bag which is 48cm length and W30cm but H26cm. I only just measured it cos I never thought it was over for it since it's classed as a flight bag but seems not.

Has anyone flown with Air Canada with the right size carry on bag? or perhaps a little smaller? If so wheres the best place to buy them? I've been looking on ebay and amazon for the last few days but their either too high or too long. There must be the right size cases out there? It's been driving me crazy cos no luggage shops in town have any carry on bags that size or smaller.

It seems like finding the impossible. Also why do handles have to be included when measuring the case? I've always wondered that as it's not like you would put it on the plane as carry on or as checked luggage?

11. Re: Carry on bags

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 pm, June 06, 2013
Grimsby, United...
12. Re: Carry on bags

Completely forgot I made this topic.

So With BA who i'm flying with from Manchester to Heathrow (and back) which has the hand baggage sizes of H 56cm x L 45cm x W 25cm

and Air Canada's is H 23cm x L 55cm x W 40cm

That would be the same as BA's in reality as the Height can become the length and length into height? If you know what I mean?

As my hand luggage I have at the moment is exact to what Air Canada's sizes is but to BA's it's over

seattle
reviews: 1
13. Re: Carry on bags

Many US airlines specify overall dimensions of 45 inches so the configuration doesn't matter.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 46
14. Re: Carry on bags

BA H 56cm x L 45cm x W 25cm or AC H 23cm x L 55cm x W 40cm The Air canada bag is smaller in every dimension and so should be fine for BA. It doesn't matter what the configuration of the bag is (portrait or landscape) just so all three dimensions are equal or less than the listed sizes.

UK
reviews: 81
15. Re: Carry on bags

Razor read post 10, it doesn't matter specifically which is height, length, etc, just that the dimensions must be smaller in each respect so match the longest vs the longest, the second longest vs the second longest, and the smallest. Think about it this way, it needs to fit in the cage,so whether its upside down, edge ways, whatever is irrelevant, as long as it fits in the cage

Grimsby, United...
16. Re: Carry on bags

Ah okay, just had to be sure. I think BA's oversize baggage fee is like £30ish and £17 per kg if overweight so it's always good to just to be sure.

35 days!

Thanks for all your help everyone! highly appreciated!

17. Re: Carry on bags

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 28, 2014