We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ryanair policy's on toiltries

Beverley, United...
ryanair policy's on toiltries

hi does anyone know what the policy is for taking make up, roll on deodrant, disposable razor etc in your hand luggage for ryan air ?

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
1. Re: ryanair policy's on toiltries

The liquids rule has nothing to do with the airline, it's down to security.

All liquids need to go in a resealable plastic bag measuring no more than 20cm x 20cm. Nothing more than 100ml, no more than 1 litre in the bag, and it mustn't be overpacked.

Liquids include, mascara, lipstick, creams, gels etc.

ryanair.com/en/questions/what-are-ryanairs-p…

They'll be information on the airport website as well.

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
reviews: 33
2. Re: ryanair policy's on toiltries

contents of hand luggage are not the airlines responsibility - they only control the size and weight of hand luggage. Check this site for hand luggage restrictions.

www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions

Lincolnshire
reviews: 55
3. Re: ryanair policy's on toiltries

It's a pain in the bum now, you have to use the exact sized bags they say which are pretty small and only one per person and the bags need to be able to seal onceyou have crammed all your toiletries in it. It's a customs thing and you can get the little bags there - I think it's a quid for two so always save them for future hols after you have used them - tip of the day :-)

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
reviews: 130
4. Re: ryanair policy's on toiltries

"I think it's a quid for two so always save them for future hols after you have used them - tip of the day :-)"

__

I bought a load off ebay a couple of years ago and still got plenty left. Think it was 100 bags for about a fiver. Those should see me through the rest of my flying days! ;-)

East Sussex, United...
reviews: 1
5. Re: ryanair policy's on toiltries

<< its a customs thing >>

Its nothing to do with customs or the airline. As already said it is a security issue.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
6. Re: ryanair policy's on toiltries

Definitely nothing to do with customs! I use Tesco food bags, which I always have in the cupboard anyway.

Lincolnshire
reviews: 55
7. Re: ryanair policy's on toiltries

Security and customs are the same thing to me as I am not pedantic! To me it is the bit I have to pass through before going to the departure lounge for a beer- ok?

Good purchase Sunmagic - it's making sure they are the exact size now as they don't let you get away with anything!!

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
8. Re: ryanair policy's on toiltries

Not pedantic, just making sure the OP gets the right information. You don't go anywhere near customs when you're en route to the departure lounge.

9. Re: ryanair policy's on toiltries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 pm, June 04, 2013
UK
reviews: 26
10. Re: ryanair policy's on toiltries

"Security and customs are the same thing to me as I am not pedantic!"

They're absolutely not the same thing. That's like saying a teacher is the same thing as a doctor, or a fridge is the same thing as a cooker.