We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Middle name on air ticket, passport doesnt have middle name.

Pune
Middle name on air ticket, passport doesnt have middle name.

I am travelling to Paris from New Delhi. My passport does not have my middle name on it where as my ticket has the middle name along with the first and last name. I am travelling by Aeroflot airlines. Will i be allowed to board the flight with middle name on the ticket?? Anyone with similar experiences please reply!! Thanks!

10 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Middle name on air ticket, passport doesnt have middle name.

Middle name should not mean anything.

For 30+ years I have travelled with middle name in my passport, but not on my tickets.

Pune
2. Re: Middle name on air ticket, passport doesnt have middle name.

Thanks for your reply.

I am a little concerned because when i called up Aeroflot airlines with the problem, they refused to change the name. (Aeroflot happens to be a low cost airlines.)

My middle name on Ticket is- Jayanat (which is my fathers name)

Passport does not have any middle name. But it has my fathers name on the last page- Jayant (there is an extra 'a' in the middle name on the ticket as well)

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 104
3. Re: Middle name on air ticket, passport doesnt have middle name.

"Aeroflot happens to be a low cost airlines"

___

I'm pretty sure they aren't. They are also a member of Skyteam.

Pune
4. Re: Middle name on air ticket, passport doesnt have middle name.

Sunmagic, ok. does the airline being a member of the skyteam give any kind of special privilege to the customers? Any option of changing the middle name or updating passport details on the ticket?

Or was your comment only related to Aeroflot not being a low cost airlines?

Edited: 12:31 pm, June 01, 2013
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 104
5. Re: Middle name on air ticket, passport doesnt have middle name.

Simply stating that they aren't a low cost airline. They are full service, although their service may not be on the same level as some Western or Middle Eastern airlines.

As Hans has already said, having your middle name on your ticket shouldn't be an issue.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 126
6. Re: Middle name on air ticket, passport doesnt have middle name.

It's usually the other way around where the middle names are on the passport but not on the ticket but I doubt it'll make a difference, I also never book with my middle names but they're on my passport.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 126
7. Re: Middle name on air ticket, passport doesnt have middle name.

Another thought, what did Aeroflot say when you called them apart from the fact that they wouldn't change the name?

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 40
8. Re: Middle name on air ticket, passport doesnt have middle name.

It's so weird not to have a full name in a passport...

Thats my entirely useless contribution to this thread :)

Duluth, Georgia...
reviews: 12
9. Re: Middle name on air ticket, passport doesnt have middle name.

also useless. When we tried to apply for a marriage license, they wouldn't put my middle name on it because it wasn't on my passport. I had to show my birth certificate and was told to get my passport changed. Yeah, that is more money out of my pocket to the government for their mistake.

Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 142
10. Re: Middle name on air ticket, passport doesnt have middle name.

This ONLY applies to United Airlines and a US Passport - about 1 year ago, United informed us that our UAL Profiles, our ticketing and our US Passports must match completely. They also stated that we should also change any United affiliated credit card, to reflect the names on the US Passports. We complied, though it did turn out to be a bit more work, than anticipated, due to the fields allowed in our UAL Profiles - still, done. No issues with our tickets in UK, Europe or Australia. Remember, the above applies to us and to UAL and a US Passport.

Now, the name on my wife's tickets get very long, but such is life.

Good luck.

Reply to: Middle name on air ticket, passport doesnt have middle name.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted