We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change flight

Ilhota, Santa...
Change flight

Good night!

Bought a ticket to the U.S. Arways Miami with a connection in Charlotte ... But my trip will start in New York, the programming is done by starting NY to shop in Miami last, so I'll wait 4 hours to go to Miami in Charlote airport to get out there and catch a flight to New York the night ... I will arrive in NY and lose a whole day at the airport. I called the U.S. here in Brazil, and informed me that surely be able to change it after shipment, or in Rio de Janeiro or Charlotte. Note: I did not buy the stretch to NY yet because this question. The question is .. I hope to see if I can modify this stretch in Charlote, or buy a ticket from Miami to NY here in Brazil and I roll all day at the airport .. Has anyone done this kind of change? The value of the passage time in the U.S. is much higher? Someone please help me .. my trip is the next Friday May 31 and do not know what to do ...

Thank you,

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
1. Re: Change flight

Your note is somewhat confusing. Are you saying that you booked a trip to Miami with a stop in Charlotte, but now wish to change the destination to New York? So you are thinking that you would either change the flight to Miami form Charlotte to go to New York instead?

If so, You will have to compare the cost of a ticket from Miami to New York (keeping your original plans) with the cost of changing your existing ticket, paying a change fee (likely $300) plus pay the <7 day rate for what you want to move to... then buy another segment to fly to Miami from New York. USAirways may allow you to insert a stopover into your itinerary in Charlotte for a few days for you to fly to New York from there. That may be the cheapest... if I understand your situation correctly.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
reviews: 1
2. Re: Change flight

US Air doesn't offer a direct New York to Miami flight, they all go through Charlotte. If you have already bought the ticket, you can contact US Air and change your schedule to one that stops for a shorter time in Charlotte. But I would do that as soon as possible, the closer you get to your travel date, the more expensive the changes could be.

If you haven't bought your ticket and want the quickest way, you need to look at American or Delta for non-stops out of Kennedy and La Guardia or United and American out of Newark.

3. Re: Change flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 29, 2014