We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates 777-300er-seat that you will get served food first?

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 92
Emirates 777-300er-seat that you will get served food first?

I am flying with Emirates in November from Glasgow to Dubai (on way to Maldives) on a boeing 777-300er. Last time we were on this flight we were last to get food due to where we were sitting so they did not have our choice left and I do not want this to happen again. Can anyone tell me what seats get served food first? On the seat layouts do they go forward or backwards from the food area with the trolleys? We are in normal economy.

Thanks in advance

26 replies to this topic
Dallas
reviews: 6
1. Re: Emirates 777-300er-seat that you will get served food first?

Sometimes odd numbered flights will serve from the back while even numbers are served from the front - or visa versa. I don't know how Emirates works.

Sunshine Coast...
reviews: 22
2. Re: Emirates 777-300er-seat that you will get served food first?

I flew on 5 Emirates flights last year and there seemed to be no order to which way they served the meals. Even on the same flight we were served first for one meal and then almost last for the second meal.

You could order a special meal - they have several selections on their web page. That way you will be among the first to get your meal (as much as 20 minutes before the last to be served in economy) and you are more likely to get what you order.

The downside to this (and the reason why I don't order special meals) is that you will most likely be finished your meal before everyone else in your area has even been served so you will need to sit with your empty meal tray on your table for longer. I'd rather eat whatever is left so that I minimise the time my tray has to be down.

newcastle upon tyne
reviews: 99
3. Re: Emirates 777-300er-seat that you will get served food first?

Definitely do not sit at the back of economy, if you want your meal early.

I can only assume that they start serving generally from the front & work their way back down the plane

Sunshine Coast...
reviews: 22
4. Re: Emirates 777-300er-seat that you will get served food first?

Except that on an Emirates flight from Singapore to Brisbane last year when I was sitting in the back of economy (in the 2-4-2 section) we were served first!

On the flight from Dubai to Singapore we were also in the back rows and were served last.

On the flight from Brisbane to Dubai we were in the front section of economy and were served first for dinner and last for breakfast.

The only way to be sure that you get served first (and hopefully get what you want) is to order a special meal as on every flight the special meals were brought out before the standard service begins.

London
reviews: 21
5. Re: Emirates 777-300er-seat that you will get served food first?

Even on the same flight we were served first for one meal and then almost last for the second meal. <<<<

Some airlines alternate service of second meal for fairness.

I have been in third row of meal service, laura, and still no choice of meal left. Always found meal choice hit and miss with Emirates. I would choose your seat preference and not worry to much about meal service.

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
reviews: 9
6. Re: Emirates 777-300er-seat that you will get served food first?

Have a decent meal before the flight then you can avoid it.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 92
7. Re: Emirates 777-300er-seat that you will get served food first?

Thanks for all your answers.

I will just choose somewhere that seems like a good seat then and hope for the best!

UK
reviews: 10
8. Re: Emirates 777-300er-seat that you will get served food first?

FF status (Skywards) should get you served first.

On my trip to OZ last week as a Gold I was asked what I wanted first and served before anyone else in Economy.

Motherwell, United...
reviews: 6
9. Re: Emirates 777-300er-seat that you will get served food first?

Dogsrock you are assuming that the OP has status with Emirates which seems unlikely.

Having just completed 2 sectors last week with Emirates I'd suggest sitting in the forward cabin. Not only were we served first on both flights but more importantly it allowed us a quick exit from very busy cabins.

Particularly important if you have short connection Times.

Kind regards

Jim

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 130
10. Re: Emirates 777-300er-seat that you will get served food first?

Let's hope you don't return and complain about the meal choices! Just enjoy the flight, EK catering is generally above other airlines.

Reply to: Emirates 777-300er-seat that you will get served food first?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted