We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

complain about the unprofessional methods of TUI

Dusseldorf, Germany
reviews: 25
complain about the unprofessional methods of TUI

Hello, we just spend a wonderful week in Hurghada, hotel Le Reve. This dream was close to turn in a nightmare because of the misleading of TUI. The package included the hotel and the flight but when we paid we realized that we will be stuck for a total of 20 hours in the Airport of Istanbul. We call them immediately and email, we tried to cancel the trip or find a solution with TUI. It was not acceptable to loose nearly 24 hours when having only a week vacation. They did not want to refund our money of find/exchange other fly tickets for us. They say that we can cancel the trip but they will keep our money anyway (a clear rip off) and that we should have clicked on every single link on their page before booking (they are apparently using these tabs to hide information to their customers). On top, they also said that if we find another flight we should let them know (so what? they will sale twice our seats?) Thanks to my husband, we found 2 direct flight (we paid for) Dusseldorf-Hurghada, duration 4 hours and half. For the last 10 years, we have travelled to many countries, about 12 times a year on average. We never had such a bad experience with a travel company. I hope this will help other people not to make the same mistake and don't forget to "click" on every single link on a web page before you send your bank details.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: complain about the unprofessional methods of TUI

Why would you fly to Hurghada via Istanbul?

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 21
2. Re: complain about the unprofessional methods of TUI

Unfortunately you didn't read the information correctly so the error is with you not TUI

Nobody forced you to book the flights!

Edited: 11:56 am, May 26, 2013
Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
3. Re: complain about the unprofessional methods of TUI

You should always read the terms and conditions, before accepting them and agreeing that you have.

Why were you flying via Turkey? Tui sell packages with direct flights from Germany to Hurghada.

It would have been clear on the flight data what the times were, so why book if they weren't satisfactory?

London, United...
reviews: 23
4. Re: complain about the unprofessional methods of TUI

How exactly is it Tuis fault if they provided you with the information, as well as terms and conditions, which you accepted, but did not read any of it?

What would you like them to do? Physically read it to you? Make a video? Act out a screen play? I assume you are a literate adult?

The issue is your own fault for not taking the time to understand what you were purchasing, and failing to even read the terms and conditions of the contract you were agreeing to,

Dusseldorf, Germany
5. Re: complain about the unprofessional methods of TUI

We read it, on the first selection, we clicked on their website to find a short trip and we picked Egypt as it was inform to be about 4.30 hours journey, then we had these information immediately following (see below)

No stop in Istanbul mentioned, I am sorry you take it so personal and answer in such an aggressive way, maybe you are fluent in many languages and always read the manuals and the little characters at the end of a document. Yes, I am an literate adult who believes that mistake is not always an end and that a good customer service is about to help the customers "even" if they do a mistake, after all there is always a way to help with goodwill.

Anreise:

Sa, 18.05.2013: ab Düsseldorf, vorauss. 11:45 Uhr

Abreise:

Sa, 25.05.2013: ab Hurghada, vorauss. 05:35 Uhr

Leistungen:

7 Tage, 2 Erwachsene

Mit Transfer

Zimmertyp:

Doppelzimmer Meerblick Typ1 (DM1H)

Verpflegung:

Halbpension

Anbieter:

X-TUI

Dusseldorf, Germany
6. Re: complain about the unprofessional methods of TUI

A very good question... We have no clue why they did this

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
7. Re: complain about the unprofessional methods of TUI

Surely the details of your flights were listed somewhere?

London, United...
reviews: 23
8. Re: complain about the unprofessional methods of TUI

That is very unusual, I have used tui before, and I have never seen them give a check in time, but no arrival time for the flights.

You have said they told you you should have clicked every link on their page before booking. So the info must have been there, Are you saying you booked the flight and had no idea of the duration or what you were booking?

I'm sorry if you find this aggressive, I don't find it more aggressive than your publicly blaming the company for the fact you did not think to check what you were buying before buying. It never once occurred to you to ask the question on arrival times?

Dusseldorf, Germany
9. Re: complain about the unprofessional methods of TUI

@ lexexpress, yes they where listed "somewhere", I just don't understand why it was not clearly mentioned on the page (screen) and that is what I called this "misleading information to customer". The answer from TUI is that we must click on every single link/button on their webpage but why should I? The first page I selected was about a package in a journey around 4 hours... Well, I was just trying to prevent others travelers to have the same experience.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
10. Re: complain about the unprofessional methods of TUI

On Tui website, after you've selected hotel, dates of stay and room type, there is a link which is very clearly shown, 'Flugdaten', When clicked on, lists arrival and departure times and dates, along with airline and flight numbers. It would hard to miss it!