We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson's - no extra leg room?

whitley bay
reviews: 31
Thomson's - no extra leg room?

Looking to book holiday May 2014 with Thomson's from Newcastle to Cyprus (Larnaca) but when I get to the extra's stage there is no option to book extra leg room seats - is this because they'll have all gone now or is it too early to book them?

Flight is TOM1714 outbound (4th May) and TCX6109 inbound (14th May)

Looking at alternative airports now as OH is 6'4 and would prefer the extra room!

Thanks for any advice :)

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Thomson's - no extra leg room?

I think seats can only be booked 90 days before the flight.

reviews: 2
2. Re: Thomson's - no extra leg room?

Hi

i know that at the moment they are only on selected flights. We are going to paphos in sept this year and have got extra legroom seats but when we looked at going to larnaca there wasnt that option so that may be why

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
3. Re: Thomson's - no extra leg room?

There is extra legroom or extra space seats on all their flights, but some will only be the emergency exit seats, of which there are obviously only a few. Is your flight operated by Thomsons or Thomas Cook? The Wednesday flights are on Thomas Cook Airlines, and you will be unable to prebook extra legroom seats.

whitley bay
4. Re: Thomson's - no extra leg room?

Thanks for all replies!

Outbound is Thomson & inbound is Thomas Cook.

Last year we flew Thomas Cook and purchased extra leg room (em exit) when we selected our seats 90 days before flying. Will this be the same case?

I've also looked at some holidays to Paphos airport at the same time and there's an option to pay for extra leg room immediately (booking with Thomson's)

Very confusing! Lol x

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
5. Re: Thomson's - no extra leg room?

Thomsons block book seats on Thomas Cook flights (and vice versa). When this happens you can't book extra legroom. Thomas Cook won't have your details until about 7 days prior to deparutre. You could try ringing the airline then to see if they have any available.

6. Re: Thomson's - no extra leg room?

We are flying on a wednesday from luton with thomson outbound and inbound but when we first booked our holiday the extra legroom wasnt available. They were introduced from 1st may :-)

whitley bay
7. Re: Thomson's - no extra leg room?

LeylandSunaddict - will I be able to choose seats as usual 90 days prior to flight? I will definately try calling them :)

Rory1980 have you been able to book extra leg room since?

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
8. Re: Thomson's - no extra leg room?

Laurr

You will be able to choose your seats on the Thomson flight at the usual 90 days, but if there isn't any extra legroom/extra space seats available now, you may find that there won't be any then (unless they change the aircraft) You probably won't be able to choose seats on the TC flight, but if you ring Thomas Cook Airlines about 7 days prior to travel they may be able to help you.

9. Re: Thomson's - no extra leg room?

Hi yes we booked them when they first became available but like i say they are only on selected flights and when i searched larnaca they werent available. If you are on facebook,going to the thomsom facebook page and inbox them a message they get back to you pretty quick and you can ask them anything

whitley bay
10. Re: Thomson's - no extra leg room?

Thanks Rory, message sent!