We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CheapTickets.com is still Horrible!

Sealy, Texas
reviews: 32
CheapTickets.com is still Horrible!

Never in my 45 years of world travel have I had to deal with a more incompetent travel agency! I recently booked over $14,000 worth of international tickets to Asia through these clowns. However, when changes had to be made due to family bereavement, all "heck" broke loose. The outsourced customer service agents had no clue what they were doing and offered a different (wrong) answer every time I called them (One even refused to let me talk to her supervisor after failing to answer "ALL" of my questions). I was told to cancel flights first, and then re-book, but now have to wait up to 1.5 months in order to receive my refund... they somehow neglected to tell me that beforehand... my trip will be history by then. Very deceptive business practices and poorly trained personnel prompt me to warn all travelers to… NEVER USE CHEAPTICKETS.COM FOR ANY REASON.

uk
reviews: 246
1. Re: CheapTickets.com is still Horrible!

What made you use them in the first place?

Why didn't you book direct with an airline?

Garden City...
reviews: 5
2. Re: CheapTickets.com is still Horrible!

That's good to know. Sorry for your horror story.

London, United...
reviews: 23
3. Re: CheapTickets.com is still Horrible!

Sorry, agree with post one. What drove you to use them in the the first place? If it was cost related ie they were cheap, I assume you would guess that they were not going to be full service or even good service. These type of companies have to cut costs somewhere and they are simply a middle man, which adds complexity when issues arise.

Sadly in this day And age, you get what you pay for.

Next time go directly with the airline, and don't be swayed by what looks like a cheap price and probably is not. Hope you get it sorted.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
4. Re: CheapTickets.com is still Horrible!

"Never in my 45 years of world travel" - Surely in that time you must have learned to avoid such companies, I wouldn't give them or lots of other similar 3rd party cowboys $14 let alone $14,000.

Iowa
5. Re: CheapTickets.com is still Horrible!

No kidding....If you are an experienced world traveler of 45 years you should have known better.

You do business with a company called "cheap" and you expect good customer service?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
6. Re: CheapTickets.com is still Horrible!

Was there something that led you to believe they would suddenly become dependable and customer friendly? Old dog /can't learn new tricks I'd say... an "experienced traveler" such as you describe yourself should have long ago abandoned third party bookers...

Sealy, Texas
7. Re: CheapTickets.com is still Horrible!

I usually book through Tripadvisor which offers a choice of good ticket prices. Next time, I will just remember "not" to choose Cheaptickets.com. Thanks for your reply.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Santa Ponsa
reviews: 79
8. Re: CheapTickets.com is still Horrible!

Tripadvisor doesn't sell tickets, so you really don't usually book through them!

Iowa
9. Re: CheapTickets.com is still Horrible!

You've never booked thru Tripadvisor in all your 45 years.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 154
10. Re: CheapTickets.com is still Horrible!

If you don't feel comfortable booking it on your own, just go to a trusted travel agent. Pay the $25 service fee and have real face contact with a person WHOM ACTUALLY CARES about your business and will look out in your best interest. Need to make a change? Call a local 'real' person instead of an overseas boiler room where you are just a customer number.