We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada Economy Boarding

Newmarket, Canada
reviews: 42
Air Canada Economy Boarding

What seat numbers on AC 319 economy board first or 767. I understand they board from the back of the plane but unsure if its the last 10 rows? Anybody know? Thanks!

Berkshire, England
reviews: 60
1. Re: Air Canada Economy Boarding

In my experience, no matter what announcements are made about rows that are boarding, a lot of people rush to the gate anyway no matter where they are seated! I have been on flights where they said "we will start the general boarding with rows 60 to 65" and a stampede to the gate ensued, leaving virtually nobody still to board the 747!!! I think most planes board people from the back first but can't help with how many rows at a time.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 32
2. Re: Air Canada Economy Boarding

As stated they board from back of plane, but 1/2 the passengers don't bother listening or obeying the instructions. Only once in a rare while have I seen an agent actually tell people to step aside as their row has not yet been called to board.

Magog, Canada
reviews: 471
3. Re: Air Canada Economy Boarding

The reason why so many people board despite the boarding by row numbers is that people with 'status' under their frequent flyer program can board at anytime. Most of the time (not always), if your row has not been called and you have no status, then they ask you to wait.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
reviews: 248
4. Re: Air Canada Economy Boarding

Useful information about Air Canada.

Toronto, Canada
5. Re: Air Canada Economy Boarding

Lately I have seen Air Canada doing some thig new, They call for passengers with hand luagges WITHOUT wheels to board first, I am not sure what is the reason for this, but its not the best way to load a flight

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 54
6. Re: Air Canada Economy Boarding

In general, Air Canada will pre-board families with small kids and people with disabilities, then call boarding for its frequent fliers ("Elite, Super Elite and Star Alliance Gold ....."). Depending on the flight, this is where about half the passengers get up and stampede the gate. Some of these people don't have any status at all, and are just pushy fools, but on many flights it is not unusual for a huge proportion of the passengers to be actual frequent fliers with pre-boarding privileges. For example (since you live in Newmarket and would presumably fly out of Toronto Pearson airport), frequent fliers with status might represent more than half the passengers on some flights between Toronto and Calgary, Toronto and Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal and Toronto and Ottawa.

From here, they try to board remaining passengers by row, starting from the back. They usually work in increments of 10 - 15 rows, depending on the aircraft, and depending on how many passengers remain after the frequent fliers.

Newmarket, Canada
reviews: 42
7. Re: Air Canada Economy Boarding

I appreciate the info. Thanks!

8. Re: Air Canada Economy Boarding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 29, 2014