We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaching for cheapest flights without a destination

reviews: 171
Seaching for cheapest flights without a destination

Is there a way to search for the cheapest flight out of a given airport without specifying a destination? Lets say I want to fly from Pittsburgh to wherever I can a cheap ticket.

Broadford, Australia
reviews: 40
1. Re: Seaching for cheapest flights without a destination

Hi,

Perhaps if you were to look at the airlines that service your departing airport and check their websites for upcoming super specials?

Or a mystery flight if you don't really care about a destination? You could even end up in Michigan!

Edited: 8:51 pm, May 23, 2013
Hong Kong, China
reviews: 22
2. Re: Seaching for cheapest flights without a destination

skyscanner. in the destination type everywhere. i use this all the time for weekend getaways

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
3. Re: Seaching for cheapest flights without a destination

You can also use the explore function on kayak to search by departure airport/month to see range of options and can filter by price etc.

http://www.kayak.co.uk/explore/

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 154
4. Re: Seaching for cheapest flights without a destination

I agree that Sky Scanner is one of the best out there. It's a great app. The fares propagate in real time and are there for you to purchase if desired. The issue with Kayak is that they use archived fares which are almost always NOT available if you want to book it.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 139
5. Re: Seaching for cheapest flights without a destination

I love being able to search for everywhere with skyscanner! As Raelene says, perfect for that weekend getaway. You can also search for any period of time, eg in the next month or even year.

Boston, MA
reviews: 36
6. Re: Seaching for cheapest flights without a destination

I use Google flight: https://www.google.com/flights/

Type in your departure airport, leave the destination blank, pick a date and hit enter, it will give you fares around the world on a map too! Once you picked a destination, you can search by length of trip to see which week/time interval will give you the lowest fare.

reviews: 171
7. Re: Seaching for cheapest flights without a destination

Google is interesting but I wish it had a list so I could zero in on the cheapest locations.

Kayak's map seemed a bit easier to read but still wish it had a list.

I like Sky scanners lists but it seem to miss a few cheap flights (like that one $153 flight to Dallas)

With three option though I should be able to find some great and cheap places to go. Thanks.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Negril
reviews: 100
8. Re: Seaching for cheapest flights without a destination

You can also sign up for the airlines emails, they will send you sales and you can check what type of emails you want delivered, weekly specials etc, Expedia has a good list of cheap routes from your departure city as well as the sites already listed.

Edited: 7:33 am, May 30, 2013
Boston, MA
reviews: 36
9. Re: Seaching for cheapest flights without a destination

Hotwire launched a new website call Trip Watcher: https://www.tripwatcher.com/

You can check weekends or anytime within certain month, it will list the destinations starting from cheapest

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 139
10. Re: Seaching for cheapest flights without a destination

Just checked out that Google site, but it doesn't feature flights from all cities, unlike sites like skyscanner.