We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business class seats for couples on Air Canada 777

northampton, MA
reviews: 56
Business class seats for couples on Air Canada 777

On Air Canada Boeing 777-300ER from Toronto to Shanghai (and back) we would like business class seats where the two of us could talk, read to each other, etc. despite the high walls. It looks like 1d and 1g might be the best because there might be space in front of the seats to walk around. Does anyone have advice?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 80
1. Re: Business class seats for couples on Air Canada 777

If you are going to talk and read to each other, you may find other travelers will be reacting negatively to your activity. Sleep is vitally important to most business travelers.

That said, yes, cross aisle is better for your desires.

Newmarket, Canada
reviews: 35
2. Re: Business class seats for couples on Air Canada 777

I travel frequently in the AC pods, and while they are a very nice seat, they are designed more for privacy and sleeping than they are for conversation with travelling companions. Honestly, you're not going to be able to talk very well no matter which seats you choose.

If you choose seats in "D" and "G", your heads will be fairly close, and you can sort of talk over the little wall separating the pods, but you'll be facing away from each other, and I don't think you'll find this comfortable--workable perhaps, but I think you'll get tired really fast (and so will your neighbours). And if you want to see each other, you'd have to walk out and around to the other aisle, because these pods open into different aisles. The little footrest at the end of the pod does not work as a visitors seat either. In row 1, there isn't space to walk around the front of the pod, as there is a wall in front of the pod, so you'd have to walk around through the galley.

When my wife and I travel together, we like to choose UA or LX if they happen to fly the route we need, since they offer a better layout for conversation. Otherwise, when we fly AC, we pretty much just enjoy the flight in solitude.

Toronto, Canada
3. Re: Business class seats for couples on Air Canada 777

On an AC 777 in Executive First I've seen couples sit one behind the other, across the aisle from each other and also in seats D and G. On my last flight a couple sitting behind each other were able to change to D and G(not a full flight from Sydney to Vancouver) They said that those were the best seats to carry on short conversations.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 34
4. Re: Business class seats for couples on Air Canada 777

A short conversation is one thing, but reading to each other? Without being flippant about it, I am pretty sure other business passengers do not want to hear something like that.

Seriously though, those AC pods really are not designed for a lot of inter-pod conversations

northampton, MA
5. Re: Business class seats for couples on Air Canada 777

Actually we usually read silently but from the same Kindle. I wonder if we can lose enough weight to fit together in those 20.35" wide seats. :-)

Thanks for your comments.

Canada
reviews: 27
6. Re: Business class seats for couples on Air Canada 777

We regularly fly the AC "J" pods....and have done so since they first came on the scene.

They are designed for a solitary experience.At the onset we used to select pods across the aisle from each other and in the front. After a couple,of those flights we promptly switched to now always selecting 2 "A" pods mid cabin one in front of the other.

We found the pods up front tended to not be not as restful ....given the galley preps,...the FA chatter throughout the flight....accessing their items in the closet , bright light not adequately blocked out etc.

The pods one in front of another are ideal as they provide the easiest access during the flight for those Travelling together.you simply standup and pivot 6inches to visit .once you get past the idea that due to the configuration you are not going to be able to chat in the traditional manner......they are fine.

We each bring our own means to pass the time(Time for purchasing a new Kindle , I think)

The AVOD, iPad /Kindle are huge time wasters and I can barely recall flying without them now

The difficulty to communicate in the pods is especially noted during mealtimes IMO...but c'est la vie I suppose.

The pods are comfortable and a huge upgrade over a "Y "seat......but they are a solitary experience.

The "A" and the "K" seats mid cabin get snapped up pretty quick for the reasons I mentioned.

northampton, MA
7. Re: Business class seats for couples on Air Canada 777

Thanks, We finally decided on "A" seats. I think we'll like it, anyhow I think we'll like the experience better than our previous UA experiences, despite the seat separation.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 34
8. Re: Business class seats for couples on Air Canada 777

I would bet money on the fact you will like the experience better than UA.

Long Beach, CA
reviews: 39
9. Re: Business class seats for couples on Air Canada 777

I'm curious if you've taken this trip yet and if so, were you happy with your "A" seats?

10. Re: Business class seats for couples on Air Canada 777

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 16, 2015