We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Frankfurt Airport connection time

San Francisco...
Short Frankfurt Airport connection time

I will be flying via Adria Airways from Ljubljana and stopover at Frankfurt Airport to U.S. I have only 2 hours layover time. I am not sure if my luggage can check in all the way to the U.S. at Ljubljana or not as I get varied answer from the airlines. In the worst scenario that I have to take my luggage out at Frankfurt's Terminal 1 and immigration check, and then have to go through luggage check in again at Frankfurt's Terminal 2 and immigration/ security check again, does a 2 hour layover seem workable? Anyone has similar experience at Frankfurt airport running between Terminal 1 to Terminal 2?

Frankfurt, Germany
reviews: 3
1. Re: Short Frankfurt Airport connection time

Are both flights on one ticket? If so they should be able to simply check it through to your final destination.

You will have to clear passport control and possibly security in Frankfurt anyhow. In that case 2 hours is way enough time to make your next flight.

If they cannot check your luggage through to the US, it might be a tight one. You will not have to clear immigration in Frankfurt since both Slovenia and Germany are Schengen countries. (though you do have to clear passport control before going through security for your next flight) But you will have to wait for your luggage (that can sometimes take a while in Frankfurt....it's horrible) make your way to Terminal 2 to drop your bags off again. Transatlantic flights tend to close their check-in counters...sometimes an hour or more prior to departure.

Second scenario is also doable but depending on external factors you might run into difficulties....

But I hope that both flights are on one ticket, in which case I don't see a reason why they should not be able to check your luggage through to your final destination.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
2. Re: Short Frankfurt Airport connection time

Agreed. 2 hours is fine if you don't have to claim bags. be sure to check the bag check deadline prior to that second flight. Is it an hour? Or is it 90 minutes? It will make a difference.

Toronto, Canada
3. Re: Short Frankfurt Airport connection time

I am looking at a flight from Kiev to Toronto with a connection of only one hour is this doable? Maybe if I try and travel with a carry on only?

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
4. Re: Short Frankfurt Airport connection time

It will be a tight connection, but in most cases doable if you are flying on one through ticket.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
5. Re: Short Frankfurt Airport connection time

I think you've probably booked a through ticket so your luggage would be checked through if this is the case it will be enough time, if not you will have to take only carry on as you wouldn't make the connection if you have to retrieve your luggage and checkin again.

Frankfurt, Germany
reviews: 3
6. Re: Short Frankfurt Airport connection time

Depending on where you arrive you should be able to stay inside the airport's international transit area so there is no immigration. Your bags will be checked through to your final destination in any way, so no need to stick to carry-on only.

It is tight, but under normal circumstances, doable

7. Re: Short Frankfurt Airport connection time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:35 am, September 15, 2014