We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ANGIE * Thomsons Extra Space * ANGIE

Sunny Weymouth
ANGIE * Thomsons Extra Space * ANGIE

Angie

Hi again , what do you reckon of this...............

Originally had 4 seats booked together With Thomsons and paid the extra to sit together at £30 each going to Punta Cana

Phoned them up today as it was 90 days before the outbound flight . The chap on the phone said we wont be able to book our seats until tomorrow , which is 89 days away ? I said ok no problem

He then offered us seats with extra space i.e exit row seats at a cost of £40 extra each return . I thought this was a very good price , especially after you showed me that photo of the row 20 exit row seats

He said he cant book the extra space seats today as it wasnt open , but will do it first thing in the morning for us and send us an email when it is done with confirmation

I asked for Seats row 20ab and 20 cd so we are in a row together. He said fine he will do that

After our conversation , I looked online at my booking and I discovered that our seats together that we paid the extra £30 was missing and instead the extra space seats were added at £70 each , which does add up to £40 more each than what we had originally boooked , which is what the Thomsons chap said it would cost . But he didnt explain that the seats together option was gone

Now my worries are ............ now that the original seats together has gone , supposing he is a bit late in the morning booking row 20 and we end up with row 14 ? if so would we be split up as there are no extra space seats in the middle of the plane only 2 on the left and 2 on the right in row 14 . we would be on opposite sides of the aircraft. Or does paying for extra space seats automatically give you the seats together as well with the price , so that you are guranteed to be in row 20 in a row as you cant all be in a row in row 14 ?

I know you sent me the photo of row 20 which is great , but could you describe row 14 to me please ? and if you had a photo that would be fantastic

I would love to hear your thoughts Angie , regarding us getting row 20 and have we done the right thing for the price ?

One last thing , the chap from thomsons said we can book our return seats in 14 days time , so call early to get row 20 . Im just wondering would the other 8 passengers who would fill the exit row seats be trying the same thing

Sorry for the long post x

p.s I did hear that if you booked a bottle of champagne on the online booking , that they would seat you together ? dont know how this would work with 4 people ? with 2 it may ? what you think ?

UK
reviews: 89
1. Re: ANGIE * Thomsons Extra Space * ANGIE

I don't know who Angie is but assuming she is a Thomsons rep who has posted here before why don't you PM her ?

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
2. Re: ANGIE * Thomsons Extra Space * ANGIE

Extra space seats include 'sitting together' which could mean across an aisle or infront/behind, unless you request certain seats.

I'm not following you about " now that the original seats together has gone". They haven't gone. You have still paid for sitting together, and if you can't get suitable extra space seats they should only charge you the original £30 for sitting together.

Row 14 have the toilets in front of them.

http://tinyurl.com/yhp6yxl

Seat numbers are never guaranteed. No matter what you book they are subject to change. Thomsons might not be able to book you row 20 as someone else might book them first, the same as someone might beat you to it in 2 weeks time. If they can't book row 20 they should book alternative ones, and let you know so you can change them if you wish.

Booking a bottle of champagne, or any other extras, won't make any difference whether they seat you together or not.

Sunny Weymouth
3. Re: ANGIE * Thomsons Extra Space * ANGIE

Leyland

thanks for reply . when i go into manage my booking , it says i have paid for extra space seats at £70 each , then the option that was there before for the seats together has been disabled and when you try to click on srats together , it says they cant be booked with extra space seats

I understand that you said extra space comes with seats together , but the only exit seats on the aircraft are rows 14 ab and 14fg and 20 ab 20 cde 20fg so would they classify sitting together in row 14 when the 4 people are split up in two's on opposit side of the plane . if they dont then we could only get row 20 . 2 by window and two next to them in the middle 3 seats

there are no alternative seats apart fro row 20 for 4 people who have paid for wxtra space if indeed extra space seats include sitting together

what do you reckon and are you sure that if four people pay for extra space seats they will be sat together ?

thanks

Edited: 8:05 am, May 22, 2013
Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
4. Re: ANGIE * Thomsons Extra Space * ANGIE

You can't book the two options together, because the extra space seats already includes the £30 for sitting together.

Sitting together shouldn't include having other seats in between you, but they can't guarantee you will get row 20, as other people will also want it, and may book it first. If you would rather the ordinary seating together, instead of being split (if there is no other option) they should refund you the difference.

I don't know when you're going but counting 90 days and presuming LGW, they are still selling 7 extra space seats on that date, so you may be lucky!

Sunny Weymouth
5. Re: ANGIE * Thomsons Extra Space * ANGIE

Fingers crossed leyland and thanks for reply

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
reviews: 128
6. Re: ANGIE * Thomsons Extra Space * ANGIE

Bump

Sunny Weymouth
7. Re: ANGIE * Thomsons Extra Space * ANGIE

what date are you flying Mazza ?

Edited: 2:27 pm, May 22, 2013
Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
reviews: 128
8. Re: ANGIE * Thomsons Extra Space * ANGIE

JohnWeymouth - I'm not flying with Thomson, I just bumped it for Angelina as you wanted her opinion (if I'm not mistaken?). Hope you get it sorted.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 40
9. Re: ANGIE * Thomsons Extra Space * ANGIE

You do mean Angelina? :)

The lovely blonde lady?

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
10. Re: ANGIE * Thomsons Extra Space * ANGIE

oh Angelina...does she work for Thomsons?