We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AA Orlando - Dallas Flights (Jan 2014) Book now or wait?

Melbourne...
AA Orlando - Dallas Flights (Jan 2014) Book now or wait?

'm looking to book a flight from Orlando (MCO) to Dallas (DFW) in January 2014. Ideally I'd like to fly AA as I will be connecting with a Qantas flight back to Australia, and I can check my bags all the way through with AA.

At the moment AA.com is showing $312, which does seem on the expensive side as you can fly MCO to LAX for $180.

Are fares to DFW typically more expensive, or are they likely to come down in price?

Limerick, Ireland
1. Re: AA Orlando - Dallas Flights (Jan 2014) Book now or wait?

When in January ?

If its 2nd 3rd or 4th week, WAIT !!!!

for the sales

compare them against .............SOUTHWEST.COM

P.S. Southwest fly in and out of "Love Field" (75235)

and not DFW (76051)

Melbourne...
2. Re: AA Orlando - Dallas Flights (Jan 2014) Book now or wait?

Looking at January 21 2014. How far out do sales normally happen?

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
3. Re: AA Orlando - Dallas Flights (Jan 2014) Book now or wait?

"Are fares to DFW typically more expensive, or are they likely to come down in price?" - Still early for Jan 2014 flights but nobody knows whether they will go up or down. However if you have limited flexibility over airline/date because you want to connect to another flight then it might be better to buy sooner rather than later.

From your OP it seems you have separately ticketed flights and boking with AA gives you the same level of protection as through ticketed flights - see link.

aa.com/i18n/…oneworld_tkt_policy.jsp

You would lose that protection if you flew with another airline like Southwest which could put your flight back to Australia at risk.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
reviews: 232
4. Re: AA Orlando - Dallas Flights (Jan 2014) Book now or wait?

You can use a fare trend site like Kayak to tell you about typical fares. $312 sounds like a pretty decent fare; the LAX-MCO fare sounds unusually low and I wouldn't necessarily expect that. GIven that you're returning from Orlando to Australia, why not look at building your international return from Orlando and then just doing a one-way DFW-MCO? That would also open up the possibility for you of Southwest out of Love Field to Orlando.

Good luck.

Melbourne, Australia
5. Re: AA Orlando - Dallas Flights (Jan 2014) Book now or wait?

You should look at doing the trip from Melbourne to Orlando and return on one ticket with Qantas we did in 2008 and 2011 with a stop over in LA for one week then on to Orlando stop over again in LA for 3 days before flying home.

If you can leave Australia on or after Feb 1st you can fly for nearly half the price of any dates in January

I think you could do same thing with stop over in Dallas/Fort Worth

Edited: 2:53 am, May 23, 2013
Melbourne...
6. Re: AA Orlando - Dallas Flights (Jan 2014) Book now or wait?

I have to travel in Jan for the Disney World Marathon. Managed to book frequent flyer flights Melbourne to Lax, but could only get return frequent flyer flight flying DFW -SYd-Mel. So I will need to book a separate MCO -DFW flight. Looking on the ITA Matrix, it seems that MCO - DFW is consistently around $312 every day from now until January (and beyond) so it looks like it is the standard fare. No completion for a direct flight, except for Spirit airlines,which might explain why it seems relatively pricey.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 378
7. Re: AA Orlando - Dallas Flights (Jan 2014) Book now or wait?

#1: appreciate your loyalty to Southwest, but since OP is flying to Dallas to connect to a Qantas flight out of DFW, I doubt they'd want to fly into Love Field.

Edited: 7:08 am, May 23, 2013
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
8. Re: AA Orlando - Dallas Flights (Jan 2014) Book now or wait?

"No completion for a direct flight, except for Spirit airlines,which might explain why it seems relatively pricey."

Avoid Spirit - they have no agreements with any other airline so if there is a problem you'll be left waiting for hours or even days until they resolve it which could mean missing your long haul flight.

9. Re: AA Orlando - Dallas Flights (Jan 2014) Book now or wait?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 25, 2014