We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Airlines Flight AA6162

Lake District
reviews: 13
American Airlines Flight AA6162

Looking to maybe book this flight (on the American Airlines website) from London Heathrow to Miami. Just wanted to check that when it says "operated by BA" that it will be a BA plane and not an AA plane. I think this is the case as it says plane would be a 747-400 and AA don't have one (according to Seat Guru anyway) but BA do.

Am I correct with this. I don't really want to fly all that way on a single aisle plane and potentially no seat back IFE.

Thanks

1. Re: American Airlines Flight AA6162

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 am, May 22, 2013
Lake District
2. Re: American Airlines Flight AA6162

Forgive me, I thought this was a site to ask questions if we were unsure of something. I have only ever booked flights on the website of the carrier that I was using. I thought I had it correct in thinking that the plane would be a BA plane but as I wasn't 100% sure I thought I would ask - if that is ok with you!

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 95
3. Re: American Airlines Flight AA6162

operated by BA means just that - operated by BA.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
4. Re: American Airlines Flight AA6162

It will be operated by BA but if you book with AA you'll need to get the BA reference from them in order to do online check in - remember that BA charge for seat selection in advance of online check in (24 hrs prior to departure) unless you have FF status.

UK
reviews: 87
5. Re: American Airlines Flight AA6162

Is it cheaper booking on AA? I'd be inclined to book it on BA otherwise, less complicated for OLCi and fewer opportunities for SNAFUs ( and yes operated by means exactly that so it will be BA metal)

Lake District
6. Re: American Airlines Flight AA6162

Thanks for confirming. Yes it's quite alot cheaper on AA and there will be 5 of us so definitely adds up but i'll keep watching prices and see what happens.

Thanks

7. Re: American Airlines Flight AA6162

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 24, 2014