We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ba terminal 5 best lounge

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 46
Ba terminal 5 best lounge

I'm travelling soon out to las from lhr term 5, I have used the domestic business lounge in the past , but I'm hoping for more as I'm travelling club world, what's the best lounge for massage , general pampering, as I'm there for 5 hours!.

Is there a limit on how long you can remain?.

Can you give me the name of the lounge and how to get there as the escalator seems never ending!

Is there a gate closer to the gate I'm leaving from, as last time it seemed a tube ride away!

Thanks for,your time

21 replies to this topic
uk
reviews: 147
1. Re: Ba terminal 5 best lounge

well, the best lounge is the BA concorde room....... assuming you are flying British Airways:

- go through security, turn left, down the escalators and keep walking straight ahead

- towards the end you'll see signs and up escalators for the BA lounges: first class, and business

There wasn't massage and general pampering when I was recently in the BA Business Class lounge (it's not the Concorde Room with the spa and waiter service) - but there are lots of comfortable seats, free food and drinks).

Tip: probably best to use this lounge even if your gate is in the satellite area, as the lounge there is reportedly not as good.

Glasgow, United...
2. Re: Ba terminal 5 best lounge

Thanks for the tip Jeremy , can you use the Concorde lounge on a ba club world ticket?. Really appreciate your input .

Guildford, England
reviews: 11
3. Re: Ba terminal 5 best lounge

If you are flying club you have the choice of three galleries lounges - north, south and one in satellite 5B.

From BA's web-site this is exactly what you get

Welcome to Galleries Club

We invite First, Club World and Club Europe customers, Gold and Silver Executive Club members to experience the luxurious Galleries Club lounges.

Relax in exclusively designed furniture upholstered in Osborne & Little fabrics.

Sit back in the 20-seat cinema for live sporting events and tailored entertainment (Only available at London Heathrow Terminal 5)

Enjoy a glass of fine wine or treat yourself to a glass of champagne, available upon request.

For a light meal or snack simply take your pick from a range of snacks and food. On selected flights you can dine in the lounges before you fly so that you can maximise your sleep on board.

Elemis Travel Spa

For total pampering drop into the Elemis Travel Spa, where we offer First and Club World customers and Gold Executive Club members flying longhaul, a complimentary two-tier treatment menu.

If you’d like a refreshing shower before you fly, there are 20 shower suites available for your use.

The Elemis Travel Spa is available at Heathrow Terminal 5 and Terminal 3 and New York JFK. All treatments are subject to opening hours and availability. The minimum age for treatments is 18.

Enjoy your time there

No you cannot use the Concorde Room - strictly first class only or extremely elite BA flyers

Edited: 4:26 am, May 22, 2013
Glasgow, United...
4. Re: Ba terminal 5 best lounge

Jbart,

Thank you very kindly for your sound advice, this will help us make the most out of the club services, can't wait to sit back and relax, we were worried where to go, so thanks again. Great advice.

uk
reviews: 73
5. Re: Ba terminal 5 best lounge

Firstly, there isn't a separate domestic lounge in T5 so you must have been in one of the business class lounges. So expect a similar offering in terms of food and drink

Assuming you've not got a shiny Gold Card, then follow the directions above or if you know you're departing from one of the satellite gates,(you probably are), then head straight over to satellite B, the lounge here tends to be quieter and if you're departing from a B gate, gets the train journey over with.

If you want a massage you need to book in for this straight away and be prepared for there not to be a slot available :( you can ask about availability over at the sat B lounge.

Madrid
reviews: 7
6. Re: Ba terminal 5 best lounge

Thanks for the tip Jeremy , can you use the Concorde lounge on a ba club world ticket?. Really appreciate your input .

Yes,but only if you have a Concorde room card,which BA will give to you when you earn 5000 tier points in a year.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 264
7. Re: Ba terminal 5 best lounge

LHR T5 lounges in a nutshell:

Concorde Room: Only for first class passengers (and Concorde Room card holders)

First class lounge: only for Gold card holders (and First passengers)

Elemis Spa: available for intercontinental CW (Club World) and F passengers located in the South Lounges' complex and at B gates. Do register ASAP and hope to find a spot. Often we end up with a massage chair (still nice but not as good as a human massage).

I am not a fan of the South Galleries Club that is quite a large facility. The North one is nicer in my view. But you would have to cross the terminal for your massage (5-10 minutes walking). The option to go to the B gates lounge exists. But 5 hours there might be boring...

There is no lounge at the C gates.

Finally there is no stay limit other than the closing time and of course your flight departure time!!!

Edited: 3:21 am, May 23, 2013
Madrid
reviews: 7
8. Re: Ba terminal 5 best lounge

Please note that the change in BA's catering arrangements,with the takeover by Baxter Storey from Compass group means that hot food in both the Galleries Club and First has been enhanced away between the hours of 1500 and 1800.The rest of the offerings have been affected accordingly.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 264
9. Re: Ba terminal 5 best lounge

Rapidex,

Do you mean no more hot food between 15:00 and 18:00?

uk
reviews: 73
10. Re: Ba terminal 5 best lounge

I was in First lounge at LHR yesterday and they were serving hot food, both buffet and to order at 4pm so not exactly sure what Rapidex means.

Not really noticed much change personally as a result of the advertised service provider change except for displaying things on wooden boards rather than porcelain platters.

Reply to: Ba terminal 5 best lounge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted