We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HRT in hand luggage?

england
HRT in hand luggage?

Am flying with Delta to New York in june.Will I need any Drs note or anything to carry HRT in my hand luggage?

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 13
1. Re: HRT in hand luggage?

I assume this is prescription medication and whenever I travel with my meds I always keep it in it's original packaging and take a copy of the prescription and never had a problem - it's not a prohibited item so you should be ok with it in hand luggage.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
2. Re: HRT in hand luggage?

And as a general rule you should always carry your medication in your hand luggage- never pack it in your checked luggage as you will be in trouble if the checked bag goes astray.

norfolk
reviews: 30
3. Re: HRT in hand luggage?

in what format? patches or tablets are fine - you may have more trouble if it is a gel aerosol.

London, United...
reviews: 19
4. Re: HRT in hand luggage?

I take my repeat prescription form, and make sure that you have the packaging with the pharmacy label to prove you are the 'official' prescribee.

uk
reviews: 15
5. Re: HRT in hand luggage?

I take liquid morphine in original packaging with drs letter, I have never had any problems in my hand luggage, I put it in its own plastic bag through the scanners never been asked about it, so I would think you would be ok with HRT.

Deb

england
6. Re: HRT in hand luggage?

Thank you all

7. Re: HRT in hand luggage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 23, 2014