We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HRT in hand luggage?

Level Contributor
81 posts
HRT in hand luggage?

Am flying with Delta to New York in june.Will I need any Drs note or anything to carry HRT in my hand luggage?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
14,438 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: HRT in hand luggage?

I assume this is prescription medication and whenever I travel with my meds I always keep it in it's original packaging and take a copy of the prescription and never had a problem - it's not a prohibited item so you should be ok with it in hand luggage.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
17,280 posts
65 reviews
2. Re: HRT in hand luggage?

And as a general rule you should always carry your medication in your hand luggage- never pack it in your checked luggage as you will be in trouble if the checked bag goes astray.

Level Contributor
7,509 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: HRT in hand luggage?

in what format? patches or tablets are fine - you may have more trouble if it is a gel aerosol.

London, United...
Level Contributor
502 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: HRT in hand luggage?

I take my repeat prescription form, and make sure that you have the packaging with the pharmacy label to prove you are the 'official' prescribee.

Level Contributor
2,660 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: HRT in hand luggage?

I take liquid morphine in original packaging with drs letter, I have never had any problems in my hand luggage, I put it in its own plastic bag through the scanners never been asked about it, so I would think you would be ok with HRT.

Level Contributor
81 posts
6. Re: HRT in hand luggage?

Thank you all

7. Re: HRT in hand luggage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 23, 2014