We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

Hi!

My husband and I are travelling around Europe in Sept-Oct 2014. Just wondering when you would suggest the best time is to buy our flights. I have heard there are good deals around November. Also who are the best airline to book with? We are wanting to fly with a mid range carrier.

Thank you!

South Pole
reviews: 39
1. Re: When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

no one knows.

u have to monitor the airlines u intend flying with starting 330 days out and when u see a good price go for it.

also keep an eye on on line travel agents like www.bestflights.com.au who will give u a heads up when specials are in the wind.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
2. Re: When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

How do you define best airline? Cheapest? Best seats? Easiest transit airport? Quietest flushing toilets?

Sydney, Australia
3. Re: When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

Thanks for the tip lien!

In regards to the best airline, i was mainly just wanting some feedback on different airlines since I haven't flown to Europe before. We would like cheap tickets but in saying that, don't want to sacrifice everything in order to save a few dollars. Would like the essentials to be included in the ticket price, no long stop overs and option to choose seating.

Thanks for your help :)

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 23
4. Re: When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

tis question gets asked all the time - you should have done a search first

sign up to the Airlines web mails - they will send you emails when specials are on

Sydney, Australia
5. Re: When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

Raelene - I did a search before posting my question but I was also looking for some feedback on different airlines that fly Sydney - London.

South Pole
reviews: 39
6. Re: When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

quite frankly there are too many flying the syd-lhr to list here so get onto www.kayak.com to find out who they are.

then read about them at www.airlinequality.com

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 23
7. Re: When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

it's the same for every person that asks (just different countries) - but same advice.

another way to find out what airlines fly the routes - try skyscanner, expedia or kayak (to name a few) - you will then see who flies. then book directly with the airline

A 20 second search in Skyscanner found about 30 choices of airlines. Cheapest seem to be Malaysian, Ethiad, Fin Air, Air China, China Southern,

On skyscanner - you can get price alerts - which will let you know as prices go up and down.

again - book direct with the airline!

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
reviews: 9
8. Re: When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

If you are flying economy, pay for an exit row. Nothing worse than being locked in your seat all night by the recliner in front. Better still watch for a premium economy sale.

9. Re: When is the best time to buy flights from Sydney - London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 23, 2014