We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volaris lost my bag four months ago. How should I proceed?

Santa Ana
reviews: 11
Volaris lost my bag four months ago. How should I proceed?

I flew form Mexico City to San Diego on January 4, 2013. My bag never made it to San Diego, I was told that there was a problem with the luggage band at the Mexico City airport. The staff at the San Diego airport told me that my bag will be on the next flight and that they will deliver to my home. I work in the travel industry and I understand that this type of things happen, so I did not make a big fuss about it. I called for next seven 7 days to the Volaris staff at the San Diego airport and they just keep telling me to call them again the next day. After two weeks a lost my coolness and I started voicing my frustration with them and telling them they did not have the courtesy to reply to me. I told them that I just want my bag and if they had it, whether in Mexico or San Diego I will go and pick the bag myself. They did not know where my bag was. Finally, they told me that my bag was lost and that I had to fill a form in order to be compensated. The form ask you to itemized every item in the bag and provide airline ticket receipt, baggage receipt. I complied and e-mail de information to the Volaris' staff at the San Diego airport. Time went by and I did not get a reply from Volaris. I called the staff at San Diego and the person I had been dealing with told me she forwarded the e-mail to the department that it will be taking care and the issue was not in her hands any more. I asked her for the information of such department so I could contact them. She said she could not provide that information to me but that very shortly someone from Volaris would contact me. Well, it has been 4 months and no reply from Volaris. It is sad to say that I used to recommend Volaris to a lot of people. However, now my duty is to warn people that Volaris might be very deceptive particularly with its customer service. Does anybody know what should be my next step?

Canada
reviews: 41
1. Re: Volaris lost my bag four months ago. How should I proceed?

Enough time has passed, let it go.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 7
2. Re: Volaris lost my bag four months ago. How should I proceed?

lodge a claim with your travel insurance provider.

Mexico, Maine
3. Re: Volaris lost my bag four months ago. How should I proceed?

HI , Mr Mario , My name is Dulce Escamilla and i work for Volaris Airlines,

Nice to meet you , i need more information about your case, like reservation locator code ,name, route ,etc

This is my contact in Mexico

Dulce Nallely Escamilla Rodríguez

Analista de Resolución al Cliente ▪ Resolución al Cliente y Monitoreo ▪ Servicio y Venta al Cliente

t. (55) 11 05 23 00 . ▪ Ext. 5653

4. Re: Volaris lost my bag four months ago. How should I proceed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 22, 2014