We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fellow Aussies, do not book through WEBJET.

Perth, Australia
Fellow Aussies, do not book through WEBJET.

I've learnt a very expensive lesson which I want to warn others about so that you don't have to go through the battles that I just did with that EVIL travel agent.

I've booked a holiday to NZ in July,

I'd requested to change flights to extend my trip about 1 month ago (19th April), in that time, they've taken days / weeks to respond to me, I've chased it up, they've said "We've forwarded your request to our change team", I hear nothing for a week, I chase it up again, and they whack the price up another $125, I request to proceed with it, they come back with another fee increase, I try to cancel a booking, they don't let me, (they only do credits to use on another flight within 12 months), & finally I have no choice but to pay a very hefty flight change fee ($383 in total) which would have been very avoidable if I'd booked through qantas directly. Gahh! It's not the money that's the big issue here, it's the principle of it!

Not only is their online service shocking, but chasing them up via phone call to be put on hold with a freakin overly repetitive happy tune, every time they pursued an action, It takes up so much precious time!

Be warned my fellow Aussies, this was an unnecessary battle. Always book directly through an airline, only use Webjet for flight comparisons. I am that disgruntled that I'll do everything in my power to spread the negative PR for them.

South Pole
reviews: 39
1. Re: Fellow Aussies, do not book through WEBJET.

u r preaching to the converted.

but really if u had read their T&Cs before purchase all u have described would have been no surprise to you.

australia
reviews: 17
2. Re: Fellow Aussies, do not book through WEBJET.

they've said "We've forwarded your request to our change team", >>>>>

In this day and age the change should have been done immediately whilst you were on the phone....it is all done through the internet!!

Brisbane
reviews: 26
3. Re: Fellow Aussies, do not book through WEBJET.

"I have no choice but to pay a very hefty flight change fee ($383 in total) which would have been very avoidable if I'd booked through qantas directly."

I would think unless you paid for a fully flexible ticket that you would have had to pay Qantas a change fee and you will probably find it includes the fare difference as fares might have increased since you booked.

Webjet is a great site - for checking who has what deal then going direct to the airline site.

Brisbane Aus
reviews: 92
4. Re: Fellow Aussies, do not book through WEBJET.

Agree. Use them to compare fares but always buy directly from the relevant airline.

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 42
5. Re: Fellow Aussies, do not book through WEBJET.

>> I have no choice but to pay a very hefty flight change fee ($383 in total) which would have been very avoidable if I'd booked through qantas directly. <<

Not true.

Even if you did not book your ticket through Qantas, you could have changed it through them for $40.

qantas.com.au/travel/…en

However, it is still quite possible that your new ticket could well have been more expensive than the one you originally purchased.

I totally agree that it's not a good idea to purchase flights through Webjet - but in this case it's not really Webjet's fault that you didn't do your homework.

Perth, Australia
6. Re: Fellow Aussies, do not book through WEBJET.

You're right, I absolutely did not do enough homework on this before I booked the flight. BIG mistake.

This is my first overseas holiday (without my family) and I am fairly new to the whole 'holiday planning' thing.

I've certainly learnt a very expensive lesson through this, & that's why I want to warn others through this website who maybe inexperienced when it comes to airlines too.

Thank you for your replies

7. Re: Fellow Aussies, do not book through WEBJET.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 21, 2014