We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charles de Gaulle transfer

Washington DC...
Charles de Gaulle transfer

So I will be flying to Helsinki this summer with a 2 hour layover in CDG. I have heard all sorts of stories concerning transfering in CDG, some good some bad, however, none from recent travelers. I would like to get some imput from people who have traveled more recently. My two questions are:

1) I will be on Air France from DC to CDG, and Finnair from CDG to Helsinki. Will I need to pick up my luggage after air france and then recheck it with Finnair, or will it just get transfered from one to the other.

2) I will be arriving to CDG at Terminal 2e and will need to get to terminal 2d for finnair. Will the 2 hours be enough, especially depending on the answer in 1.

3) Whats the best way to get from 2e to 2d? Should I take the shuttle or walk? Looking at the airport map walking can either go through 2f or the train station, is one quicker then the other?

Thanks for your help

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Charles de Gaulle transfer

Are you flying on one through ticket or 2 separate tickets?

Washington DC...
2. Re: Charles de Gaulle transfer

1 through ticket.

I know with the same airline it wouldn;t be a problem, but I'm concerned since its with 2 different ones

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
3. Re: Charles de Gaulle transfer

If it is one through ticket as you say, then you luggage will be checked straight through, no need to collect.

Use the train shuttle. I have used CDG several times and never had a problem with the shuttle, all automated and pretty well signposted. Providing your flight arrives on time then 2 hours should be no problem.

Exeter, United...
reviews: 22
4. Re: Charles de Gaulle transfer

Air France code share with finnair so it's as if you are with one airline. Don't worry mate

Boston...
reviews: 9
5. Re: Charles de Gaulle transfer

You can walk or use the CDGVAL, which is a free transfer between the terminals at CDG. Walking is probably quicker but the signage is quite good if you choose the CDGVAL.

Washington DC...
6. Re: Charles de Gaulle transfer

Thanks Everyone

7. Re: Charles de Gaulle transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions