We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Require a U.K. transit visa for a connecting flight to NYC?

Dubai, United Arab...
Require a U.K. transit visa for a connecting flight to NYC?

Hi People,

I'm getting a deal on Virgin Atlantic from Abu Dhabi(U.A.E) to New York with a stopover at Heathrow (London) for 4 hours. The flight lands at terminal 3 (Heathrow) and leaves from terminal 5 (Heathrow). Do i need a U.K. transit visa for this? I am a Pakistani national.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
1. Re: Require a U.K. transit visa for a connecting flight to NYC?

You should qualify for the following - but I'm not guaranteeing it

…homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/…

Dubai, United Arab...
2. Re: Require a U.K. transit visa for a connecting flight to NYC?

Thanks Alan for your quick reply!

According to the website (Which is highly confusing!)

It says "You transit the UK airside if you arrive here on a flight, remain in the arrival lounge of the airport without passing through UK immigration control, and then depart on another flight from the same airport."

and then just below it says

"If you are a national of a country that is not in the list of DATV then you can transit the UK airside without a visa" Unfortunately Pakistan is in that list.

Now i do not know what to make of that.

UK
reviews: 89
3. Re: Require a U.K. transit visa for a connecting flight to NYC?

Now i do not know what to make of that.

=====

I read it as saying you need a transit visa.

I agree the website is written to confuse.

Dubai, United Arab...
4. Re: Require a U.K. transit visa for a connecting flight to NYC?

Hai,

I am an Indian national traveling to New York via London Heathrow air port with Virgin Atlantic Air Ways.

The is 3 hours transit time for the connection fight which I will spend in the terminal hall only. Do I require a u.k. visa for this? I am holding a 10 year multiple entry visa for U.S. my e-mail I.D. meet_joaans@yahoo.com.

5. Re: Require a U.K. transit visa for a connecting flight to NYC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 20, 2014