We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expedia REMOVING Flights without notice.

Wilmslow, England...
reviews: 2
Expedia REMOVING Flights without notice.

Here is a WARNING to anyone booking with Expedia, keep checking your booking as Expedia think it is acceptable to REMOVE flights from your booking without even giving you a call. I recently booked for 3 people to go to Sydney for my brothers wedding I had previously booked a trip to New York with Expedia so thought it would be reliable to book the flights for this trip too. The flights were from Manchester to Abu Dhabi and then Abu Dhabi to Sydney returns, I received an email from Expedia which looked like a junk email saying 'Urgent: Call us' luckily I opened this email even though it was in my junk file and it prompted me to check my booking online where I saw that the flight from Abu Dhabi to Sydney (and return) had been REMOVED from my booking even though I had paid in full for them. I then called Expedia's customer service where they told me they would look into it and for me to 'Call them back tomorrow' I have paid £2,500 to this company and I have to call them back?! I can now see on Ethiad's website that the flights I originally booked only has 4 seats left and I have accommodation booked in Sydney and my brothers wedding too attend on arrival. I can safely say I won't be booking with Expedia again, I always thought of them as reputable, obviously I was wrong. My experience has been beyond poor.

norfolk
reviews: 30
1. Re: Expedia REMOVING Flights without notice.

the only thing you can do is phone them. but this thread from a few weeks back might be paert of the explaination. etihad has had computer system problems.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k64410…

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 87
2. Re: Expedia REMOVING Flights without notice.

Expedia did not remove the flight, the airline did. They urgently tried to contact you presumably to explain the situation.

Most travellers book directly with the airlines as it does tend to avoid situations like this where 3rd party agents are involved.

Wilmslow, England...
3. Re: Expedia REMOVING Flights without notice.

Urgently? They emailed me once which went into my junk file and still haven't added the flights back on to my itinerary. The flights are not cancelled with Ethiad, they are available to book now (hence how I know they only have 4 seats left).

I could understand your point if it was a small website but Expedia is one of the big boys (they claim to be the biggest!). Booking via Expedia direct was the cheapest deal at the time and I had previously booked a big trip to New York with them so thought they would be reliable. I'd presume the majority of people would book the cheapest method for the same product like me.

When I contacted Expedia they didn't try to explain the situation, they didn't really know what had happened except that I was no longer booked on the Sydney element of the flight. If I hadn't had called them then I would have been stranded in Abu Dhabi. I presume now that the seats I originally booked (it's a long journey so I wanted to be near my family on the plane) would have been taken as Ethiad have no details of my booking.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 23
4. Re: Expedia REMOVING Flights without notice.

Emails going to your junk mail is your settings not Expedias

So they did try and contact you..

I don't always go for cheapest. I book direct with airlinne and also book flexi in case any problems arise. Booking with airlines IMO is best

Edited: 7:17 am, May 17, 2013
Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
5. Re: Expedia REMOVING Flights without notice.

All sectors on Etihad? or on different airlines?

Wilmslow, England...
6. Re: Expedia REMOVING Flights without notice.

The email comes from a TRAVEL@SUPPORT address not the usual Expedia address so yes it may be that Hotmail (my provider) presumed it was spam. Along with the the subject line 'URGENT: CALL US' Which I'm sure would flag up warnings for everyone.

You are right, they did email me so covered their backs but surely I gave them a phone number for serious situations like this.

Wilmslow, England...
7. Re: Expedia REMOVING Flights without notice.

All on Ethiad, flights from Manchester to Abu Dhabi unaffected though...

UK
reviews: 84
8. Re: Expedia REMOVING Flights without notice.

You've mentioned it twice so it's worth commenting that the reason their email went into your junk folder is entirely down to your email system.

Nothing at all to do with Expedia.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
9. Re: Expedia REMOVING Flights without notice.

Hi

You got notice, so what is your problem.

Jackie

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
10. Re: Expedia REMOVING Flights without notice.

While it's a pain that the flights were cancelled, I fail too see what Expedia has done wrong.