We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates Airlines

reviews: 23
Emirates Airlines

After completing Business Class travel between Australia and Europe with this airline, I would suggest it takes some lessons from more established airlines e.g. Qantas, Singapore et al, in regard to professional service.

We found them to be very haphazard and lacking any system in their cabin service.

Not overly friendly either. Won't be using them again regrettably.

79 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: Emirates Airlines

>> We found them to be very haphazard and lacking any system in their cabin service. ... Not overly friendly either. <<

In what way(s)? Unless you give details your post is useless.

2. Re: Emirates Airlines

Food delivered erratically, no wine offered until food almost finished, no second drink offered unless requested.

No offer of tea/ coffee after food finished, used tray left on a couple of occasions well after meal finished, only taken after being requested.

On sector Dubai- Sydney a crew member walking around WC and food prep area in striped pyjama pants and uniform top on!

Not offered a mattress on one sector.

Duty free ( 2 small perfumes) taken at departure gate, promised to be delivered prior to push back, instead they were put in hold.

When bought to attention of a crew member was told it was Australian Govt Regulation not to carry on board, however person in seat behind me had a duty free plastic bag with 3 perfumes in it. Crew member promised to take details and lodge report but wasn't seen again.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 22
3. Re: Emirates Airlines

that's a pity for you. I have flown them quite a lot Business Class and have always had great service. Even when I've flown economy the service has been pretty good.

(usual routes - NZ/Australia/Sing/Dubai/Europe or just Singapore/Dubai/Europe or Sing/Melbourne

Must have just got a bad one.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
reviews: 122
4. Re: Emirates Airlines

I've travelled a lot in business class with Emirates and your experience is quite out of the ordinary.

I've found them to offer excellent service, never seen staff wearing anything but appropriate uniform, drinks offered frequently and during meals wine glass topped up several times - tables cleared promptly. You don't say if you were on the A380 from Dubai to Sydney but it's very pleasant taking a walk and sitting in the bar area.

Why didn't you press your service button?

5. Re: Emirates Airlines

It was an A380. Didn't see a service button

Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Emirates Airlines

Robert you were very unfortunate . I fly Business regularly .Emirates is easily the best . The bar and atmosphere on the 380 is fantastic , the crew have a high attention to detail,food is high quality and they have hands down the best entertainment system in the game !

ps There is a service button .

Edited: 1:46 am, May 19, 2013
Europe
reviews: 154
7. Re: Emirates Airlines

Emirates Airlines has what must probably be the most dishonest award program in the industry. We fly a lot with them and find the service adequate, the schedules very convenient. We have thus accumulated over 200 000 "Skywards". For one year now we have been trying to use these so-called awards for either free seats, upgrades etc before they will expire. Alas, impossible. There is never any seat available be it for i12 months or 8 Days beforehand, we tried everything. We than decided, in order not to just loose these awards, to buy some Swarovski stuff at their online shop. To our amazement, at the end of a long and complicated (on purpose ?) procedure we were asked for Credit Card ! Why ? To pay for taxes and transport ! There should be no taxes at all within Schengen. The amount so deceivingly asked was more than the value of the same stuff in any Swarovski shop ! So in fact they make you pay for their awards ! Definitely dishonest, no ? Should we really let them get away with this ?

Hong Kong, China
8. Re: Emirates Airlines

ive never had trouble using my points. the program is.free unlike many others so dont really understand your issue

Hong Kong, China
9. Re: Emirates Airlines

ive never had probs using my pts. even use them at check in to upgrade. programme is free. unlike many others so nothing to.complain about imo

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
10. Re: Emirates Airlines

I never had any problems spending my Skywards miles for upgrades or award tickets;-)

Reply to: Emirates Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted