We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

South...
reviews: 9
Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

Hi All,

Upon looking for cheap flights to Tenerife I stumbled upon Norwegian Airlines.

I have never heard of them before but the prices are cheaper then anyone else at the moment.

I had a quick look on here and online but can't find many reviews - has anyone used them?

The few reviews/comments I found on TA were good, but one site I found online were all bad.

Any comments would be appreciated!

200 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/norwegian.htm

uk
reviews: 167
2. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

I used them Oslo-Tromso-Oslo - and they were brilliant.

New, clean planes, very good prices, and free wifi on board which worked well. Checkin was easy (we used a do-it-yourself machine in Tromso with help from nearby staff), and I'd not hesitate to use them again.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
reviews: 20
3. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

They are a Norwegian (gone Scandinavian, going European) LCC with mostly brand new B737-800 (just a couple of old 737-300s left but they are not based at Gatwick. Recently opened a base at Gatwick to fly Brits to the sun.

Modern (ie thin) seats, wi-fi can be a bit hit and miss (if many people upload and watch videos the speed goes to snail mode), decent enough food, reserved seating (prebook for a fee or choose at the airport), extra luggage is cheap (prebook, twice the price at airport).

Flew them last TRD-LGW-TRD and TRD-BOO-TOS-BOO-TRD.

i put them on par with EasyJet, a few notches above Ryanair when it comes to the service.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
4. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

I found them fine-good - and selling elk and moose sausage snacks was different!

South...
5. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

Thanks Hans_DEN - obviously wasn't looking in the right place!

jeremymangu & johnb121 thankyou for your views - it's all sounding good to me :)

WhiskyTraveller - thanks - that is probably why I have never heard of them before! I normally fly Easyjet so all sounds great!

Kingston upon...
reviews: 12
6. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

I too have found Norwegian air as cheap and wanted to speak to them to check their validity. Spoke to a very cold and clipped lady who did not fill me with much hope as to their service ! I guess you do get what you pay for !

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
7. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

How do you speak to an airline to check their validity? They're a major airline, well-known in Scandinavia and they've been around for years. They're no better or worse than most other airlines meaning they'll usually get you to where you need to go without much fuss. I wouldn't hesitate to use them if the price and routing was attractive.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
8. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

They are one of the best LCCs in Europe.

South...
9. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

It will be good if they start going to more locations as on my search for flights to Tenerife in either Nov or Dec they are by far the cheapest :D

Maidstone, United...
reviews: 17
10. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

I have used them a few times for Oslo and once for Tromso and rate them amongst the best.

I enjoy going to Scandinavia, whatever country it is, as they all seem to share a commen high level of products and service in most industries. Of course, the cost of living is a bit more but the higher quality and professionalism is fairly consistant. Norwegian Air manage to offer a low cost option without losing this quality.

With reference to the poster who rang the airline and did not like the response, I would like to point out that Scandinavians generally are efficient and to the point. When added to a slight language barrier, this can come across as a little brusque. (I understand this more because as part of my job, I cold call various financial companies in that area of the world and don't speak anything but English).

It's great that they now have a Gatwick hub as next Spring, I intend to fly to Split, Croatia and Norwegian Air will be my first choice.

Reply to: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted