We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airline complants.

bromsgrove
reviews: 4
airline complants.

do airlines take any notice at all, when you have a genuine complaint.

ie- from australia to heathrow in the same seat with no tele working including no sound,

the headphone socket was broken,

i wonder if mr branson would have just sat there and sufferd for 23 hours.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
1. Re: airline complants.

Most people would have just sat there, grumbling under their breath perhaps, but you seem to be over-reacting to a minor complaint. Did the plane arrive at your chosen destination, roughly on time, and did your bags arrive on the same plane? Did they feed you? Did the loos work? If they're all yesses, you really have very little to complain about.

Write to your airline, see if you can score a voucher for something against your next flight, or FF points. But no-one is going to great a non-working IFE unit as "serious".

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
2. Re: airline complants.

In my view a minor inconvenience - I wonder what people did on flights before the days of IFE.

South Pole
reviews: 39
3. Re: airline complants.

" I wonder what people did on flights before the days of IFE"

most read books.....and some still do.

others now take an ipod or something similar as a back up.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 77
4. Re: airline complants.

Mr Branson probably would have spent his time reading a dictionary..........probably a good idea.

UK
reviews: 24
5. Re: airline complants.

Did you take this up with cabin staff on board, or did you suffer in silence and complain afterwards?

I had the same problem once on an Air Canada flight, and they fixed it by resetting the whole system.

My husband was on a KLM flight once where someone else had that problem. They weren't able to fix it, and the flight was completely full in Economy. The person with the broken seat got given my husband's seat. My husband (Flying Blue Gold) was given a seat in Business Class. Problem solved, two happy customers!

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
6. Re: airline complants.

"ie- from australia to heathrow in the same seat with no tele working including no sound,"

That sort of thing usually results in some frequent flyer points if you complain.

australia
reviews: 17
7. Re: airline complants.

Don't "complain" just "express your disappointment" with Virgin 's inflight offering for your flight. If you were aware of the problem in advance you would have made arrangement to buy a book and i-pod (increasing your carry-on allowance) before the flight. ;)

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
8. Re: airline complants.

That sort of thing usually results in some frequent flyer points if you complain.

Got me 20,000 avios from BA for a dodgy seat on the way to LAX and no screen on the return and for a general moan about the state of the ancient 747 they use on that route.

:-)

London, UK
reviews: 111
9. Re: airline complants.

If resetting the system doesn't get it working, there's usually nothing they can do about it. But you should get some FF points if you complain, nicely. Broken IFE is not the end of the world, and it does happen which is one reason I never fly without an ipod and kindle. As a crew member said (eventually) to a neighbouring passenger who was threatening to have a meltdown over broken IFE once, 'would you rather we'd delayed the flight until it was working Sir?'

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
reviews: 52
10. Re: airline complants.

I wouldn't even have noticed; I read, do crossword puzzles and sudokus, knit, play patience and generally amuse myself.