We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Germanwings booked flight disappeared

Germanwings booked flight disappeared

I booked a Germanwings flight for September but the flight seems to have disappeared from the bookable flights. However, the booking status is still showing as confirmed. Is it possible for a booked flight to be deleted from the timetable?

UK
reviews: 89
1. Re: Germanwings booked flight disappeared

Certainly, its very possible. Having booked passengers on a flight is no bar to cancelling it, otherwise, airlines would be stuck with flights for up to 11 months out.

Sometimes they take ages to get around to telling passengers that their flights have been cancelled though, for many reasons. Or they may never you, all airlines are notoriously bad about this.

You'll have to contact them to determine the exact status of your flight.

Edited: 2:45 am, May 13, 2013
Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Germanwings booked flight disappeared

Hi

Could it be fully booked.

Jackie

UK
3. Re: Germanwings booked flight disappeared

In September? Possible of course but seems unlikely and should still appear on timetables even if not when doing a dummy booking

4. Re: Germanwings booked flight disappeared

I don't think so. I first became suspicious when looking at the seat reservation in the my bookings page. I noticed that every other seat reservation there seems to have disappeared.

5. Re: Germanwings booked flight disappeared

Are they likely to offer a full refund if they really have cancelled the flight?

Aluthgama, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
6. Re: Germanwings booked flight disappeared

Yes, of course.

London
reviews: 24
7. Re: Germanwings booked flight disappeared

Just had same experience with Tunisair - just happened to look on checkmytrip and it stated flight cancelled by airline - also checked airline schedule and no flight for that day. Contacted airline and they offered me flight for next day - no apology for not notifying me that flight had been cancelled.

Motto is to check your flights regularly - especially the less popular routes.

8. Re: Germanwings booked flight disappeared

Found out the route has been withdrawn for my flight. They've agreed to refund the full amount but I now need to look for an alternative. The only problem is the alternatives are alot more expensive. Any advice on this? Could it be something I could claim on insurance?

UK
9. Re: Germanwings booked flight disappeared

<<The only problem is the alternatives are a lot more expensive. Any advice on this? >>

Book one of them?

<<Could it be something I could claim on insurance?>>

No. Not this far away from the date. I think at 2 weeks or less to go, the airline would have to pay compensation but obviously they are well ahead of that.

Edited: 2:05 am, May 14, 2013
10. Re: Germanwings booked flight disappeared

I meant private travel insurance.