We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Round trip from England to Australia then Japan

Plymouth, United...
Round trip from England to Australia then Japan

My husband and I intend to visit our son in Sydney , then travel on to Tokyo to visit our other son travelling early March 2014 returning to England beginning of April 2014. When am I likely to find the best deals and how? Is it easier/cheaper to go through a travel agent? I've looked on a couple of websites but cant find the flights that I need, or at a price adverts lead me to expect. Am I looking too early or just in the wrong place?

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
1. Re: Round trip from England to Australia then Japan

Okay... here's how I'd search...

I'd look at one of the Japanese airlines... ANA for example... and search via their website for a return flight to Sydney. From London they would be routing you through Tokyo or trying to send you on a codeshare flight... which might be acceptable for the journey to Sydney. Then I'd look to see what the fare would be if I included a stopover in Japan on the return. You may have to call them, but it is relatively straightforward.

As far as timing... it is a bit early... but you should still look. While it is generally true that the early tickets are cheaper, the *earliest* tickets are usually not cheaper.

Exeter, United...
reviews: 36
2. Re: Round trip from England to Australia then Japan

Too early for flights at the moment. I find 'flight matrix' the best tool. You may wish to consider flying from Exeter or Bristol to CDG or AMS respectively as it is a lot better than going all the way to LHR. FlyBe have a code share with AF and I find KLM and its partners from Bristol very convenient. It certainly reduces journey times; saves on car parking and importantly on the return leg you won't have Heathrow immigration plus the 4 hour drive back to Plymouth.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 13
3. Re: Round trip from England to Australia then Japan

You could try going into a travel agents like trailfinders.. give them the itinerary and see what they suggest, then try booking it independantly yourself.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 54
4. Re: Round trip from England to Australia then Japan

Jetstar (Australia) is the LCC section of Qantas ... they fly to Japan from Sydney and Brisbane for as little as $150 AU as specials quite often. Whether it fits with your timeframe is another matter. Just be aware of their T&Cs.

Edited: 10:23 am, May 12, 2013
UK
reviews: 88
5. Re: Round trip from England to Australia then Japan

I'd recommend you use Trailfinders.

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 23
6. Re: Round trip from England to Australia then Japan

I agree with Joe about Trailfinders. I would be worth talking to them.

IME they can be very good with more complicated itineraries.

South Pole
reviews: 39
7. Re: Round trip from England to Australia then Japan

don't see how London to Sydney via Tokyo and back is complicated.

most of the north Asian airlines can do this....more particularly japan airlines.

8. Re: Round trip from England to Australia then Japan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 14, 2014