We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we take these items in a flight?

London, United...
Can we take these items in a flight?

Hello All,

We would like to take 'Fisher Price - Portable Rocker' and a food processor (in sealed box).

Can we take these items in 'fragile items' section?

naaptol.com/food-processors/…product_Details

firstcry.com/fisher-price/…

Thanks

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
1. Re: Can we take these items in a flight?

"Can we take these items in 'fragile items' section?" - Not sure what you mean by this, no airline that I know of offers a fragile items luggage allowance.

What airline/route are you flying - you will obviously need to abide by the airline's published baggage policy including any size/weight restrictions.

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 47
2. Re: Can we take these items in a flight?

If they fit within the airlines size and weight limits you can take them on board as carry on luggage.

If they exceed maximum size

You will need to check them through as part of your checked baggage allowance. Make sure that you have insurance as the airline and baggage handlers don't differentiate between dirty socks and fragile electronics or children's toys.

London, United...
3. Re: Can we take these items in a flight?

I'm not sure what a " fragile" section is either. I assume you mean you want to put them in checked luggage? And have them tagged as fragile?

You will need to package them as any thing else you are bringing with you, and make sure they are well padded, as the fragile tag won't really make a difference if a handler throws the case around. They might not even see it really.

If they exceed max size and weight for checked luggage ( inc what else yoy are transporting in total is more than your allowance) you will need to pay additional luggage fees which can be very hefty.

Who are you flying with and on what route? Airlines differ greatly on luggage allowances.

London, United...
4. Re: Can we take these items in a flight?

ahh...so what is the best way to take these items without risk of getting damaged?

PS: using Thai Airways (Mum -> BKK (stopover 4hrs) -> SYD)

Edited: 6:31 am, May 12, 2013
London, United...
5. Re: Can we take these items in a flight?

Who are you flying with?

The best option may be to have them couriered ie dhl or FedEx to your destination and then the same on return.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 54
6. Re: Can we take these items in a flight?

Doesn't a "food processor" include very sharp large blades? You might have to pack some of it in your checked-in luggage.

Liverpool, UK
7. Re: Can we take these items in a flight?

Thai Airways operate a weight based policy - in economy it's 20kg (44 pounds) for international sectors. If you can keep within this limit including any suitcases I'd simply leave the items in the original packing and wrap then in plain paper to disguise the contents and hope for the best.

thaiairways.com/plan-your-trip/before-you-fl…

London, United...
8. Re: Can we take these items in a flight?

Forgot to mention...."food processor" is in original box/packing unopened but 'Portable Rocker' is currently opened out-of-box and we will pack it again in its box.

Edited: 6:58 am, May 12, 2013
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 117
9. Re: Can we take these items in a flight?

You can just package them up and put as checked in luggage if that's what you want to do and use up some of your allowance.

I have seen many TV's and other electrical items being checked in at airports (esp in S E Asia) but wonder how they are at the other end. We even had a boxed eight foot Christmas tree brought over from NZ to Malaysia as checked in luggage with MAS.

But can you not get the items in Australia????

London, United...
10. Re: Can we take these items in a flight?

right but problem is if I put as checked in luggage these items will be damaged :(