We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Airways converting to the "American Brand"

Philadelphia...
reviews: 3
US Airways converting to the "American Brand"

So I know that there were a lot of people who had issues when United and Continental merged under the Continental brand with the airline name "United". Death of the tulip, death of Rhapsody in Blue, etc. How does everyone feel about the fact that US Airways will be converting to the American Airlines Brand? I have personally never been a fan of the American brand. It always seemed worn out and played out even with there recent revamping.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: US Airways converting to the "American Brand"

I think the merger moaning minniies should stick to FlyetTalk. We had very little griiping about the UA/CO merger over here and it was very pleasant.

And btw, they didn't drop Rhapsody in Blue from United - https:/…Route-Network.aspx

Edited: 9:46 pm, May 11, 2013
New Orleans...
reviews: 1
2. Re: US Airways converting to the "American Brand"

1. American is a LOT older than US Air. 2. American managed to avert bankruptcy longer than all the other majors before having to merge. For those two reasons I think they should get to keep the name.

Nashville, TN
reviews: 8
3. Re: US Airways converting to the "American Brand"

Personally I'm not a fan of the change. Mainly because it's the AA brand, but the US Air management. Never have been much of a US Air fan.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 17
4. Re: US Airways converting to the "American Brand"

I could care less. I feel that the if the airline gets me there safely, in on piece and relatively on time I am happy. I could care less what they are calling themselves.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
5. Re: US Airways converting to the "American Brand"

"American managed to avert bankruptcy longer than all the other majors before having to merge."

CO didn't go bankrupt.

I also have never been a US fan. American is the stronger brand. *That* is the reason for the migration to the AA brand.

Madrid
reviews: 7
6. Re: US Airways converting to the "American Brand"

As a Oneworld flyer its very convenient for my family,with lots more earning and spending oportunities for our Avios.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 32
7. Re: US Airways converting to the "American Brand"

Sooooooo - will we be able to get One World points on US now? When will that start?

I am an FF on both One World and Star Alliance - but One World is better because more likely to fly Qantas than Star Alliance partners.

South Jersey
reviews: 64
8. Re: US Airways converting to the "American Brand"

It it expected that Dividend Miles will be merged into AAdvantage later this year.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
9. Re: US Airways converting to the "American Brand"

Opinions on this are irrelevant. The decision has been made.

Madrid
reviews: 7
10. Re: US Airways converting to the "American Brand"

Sooooooo - will we be able to get One World points on US now? When will that start?

Coming later this year.Exact date to be anounced shortly.