We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wine purchase in FLR going to EWR via ZHR

reviews: 78
wine purchase in FLR going to EWR via ZHR

My son will be flying from Florence to Newark via Zurich. Can he purchase wine in Florence airport and bring it home? I am assuming he can purchase the wine in a duty free shop after going thru security. He would then carry his purchase on the plane. Would he have to go thru security again in Zurich or would he just proceed to his next gate with the wine? Also, he would be bringing a small backpack as a carryon. Would his purchase have to fit inside that or can he have a separate bag of wine?

The purchase would only be a bottle or two of wine. He is US citizen and over 21 years old if that helps.

Madrid
reviews: 7
1. Re: wine purchase in FLR going to EWR via ZHR

My experience of ZRH security is that they will remove the wine from your son and bin it.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
2. Re: wine purchase in FLR going to EWR via ZHR

Nope. It isn't going to work unless he retains a back he can check in in ZHR. The wine is probably cheaper in the US anyway.

Aberdeen, Scotland
reviews: 211
3. Re: wine purchase in FLR going to EWR via ZHR

Even by putting it in the special duty free sealed bags?

4. Re: wine purchase in FLR going to EWR via ZHR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 12, 2014