We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Please Birmingham To Amsterdam Then to Guangzhou

Help Please Birmingham To Amsterdam Then to Guangzhou

Hi can you help me PLEASE i am very worried i fly from birmingham to amsterdam on the 14 may at 9.20 am I get to amsterdam at 11.35 am NOW THE WORRY I fly to Guangzhou China Southern at 13.20 that is less than 2 hours DO YOU THINK I WILL BE ABLE TO DO IT. ??? I DONT TRAVEL MUCH .

Thanks

Robert

Canterbury, United...
reviews: 14
1. Re: Help Please Birmingham To Amsterdam Then to Guangzhou

If your flights are on the same ticket/airline then this will be no problem. In terms of major airports I find Amsterdam is one of the easiest for transfers.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 233
2. Re: Help Please Birmingham To Amsterdam Then to Guangzhou

As may says,if you are ticketed through on the same airline (or code share) you will have boarding passes issued in Brum for both sectors and your luggage will go straight through and if your BHX/AMS flight is on time then the 2 hour connection is fine.

I also think the following is correct,but if not the Experts will put you right.

Again,if you are on the same airline with both sectors and they were booked together then if your incoming is delayed and you miss your flight then the airline will look after you (including accommodation) and get you on the next available flight.

However-if your flights are on two separate airlines without code share arrangements and you booked your BHX flight separately (perhaps to save UK tax?) and you miss your flight- you are on your own.

Chicago
reviews: 1
3. Re: Help Please Birmingham To Amsterdam Then to Guangzhou

I just connected yesterday in Amsterdam from Rome to Chicago. Our plane was late so we had a little over an hour. At passport that wasn't even considered a tight connection (30 minutes according to the staff). I realize that isn't the same type of connection that you are making but two hours should be fine if on one ticket.

4. Re: Help Please Birmingham To Amsterdam Then to Guangzhou

Thanks for the reply I am flying KLM to Amsterdam then change to China Southern all the flights are on one e.ticket

But have been told i have to collect bags in Amsterdam then go through bag checks and passport checks

Thanks

5. Re: Help Please Birmingham To Amsterdam Then to Guangzhou

Thanks for the reply. Not the same airline. KLM then. China Southern.

Thanks Again

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 233
6. Re: Help Please Birmingham To Amsterdam Then to Guangzhou

If you have booked on the KLM website then your BHX/AMS flight is on KLM Cityhopper and your onward flight is a KLM codeshare with China Southern so all will be well.

Please post on this thread your experiences,on your return so as to help future travellers.

SS

Edited: 1:05 pm, May 09, 2013
7. Re: Help Please Birmingham To Amsterdam Then to Guangzhou

Thanks for the reply . Sorry dont know what you mean . I used a travel agent Carlton Leisure DONT USE THEM F USELESS .

ROBERT

UK
reviews: 26
8. Re: Help Please Birmingham To Amsterdam Then to Guangzhou

KLM and China Southern are code share partners, so it's almost definitely all one booking. If you're not sure go to www.klm.com, click on "my bookings" (or similar), enter your booking reference and check for yourself (there may be more than one booking reference if the travel agent has their own, you want the KLM booking reference which is six digits long, usually a combination of letters and numbers).

Assuming your bags get checked through you just walk from one gate to the other. No Immigration checks to go through (as it's an international connection, i.e. non-Schengen to non-Schengen), and security will be at the gate.

You will have PLENTY of time. Don't hurry to the gate (nothing to do there), go shopping or have breakfast or whatever. The gate won't open until one hour before departure.

9. Re: Help Please Birmingham To Amsterdam Then to Guangzhou

Thank YOU very much for the reply .i phoned china southern and they told me. I would have to collect all my bags and rebook them in with china southern hope you are right .

Thanks Again

Robert

UK
reviews: 26
10. Re: Help Please Birmingham To Amsterdam Then to Guangzhou

You shouldn't be talking to China Southern. You should be talking to KLM - because they operate your first flight, and it's their check-in person that will decide whether to tag your bag to Amsterdam or to Guangzhou. And, in fact, if you can't work out how to check your booking online at klm.com then you could ring KLM and get them to check in their system whether they have you flying to Guangzhou or only to Amsterdam.

Another thing to check is your ticket number (which should be somewhere in your booking confirmation). If there is only one ticket number for the entire itinerary, and it starts in 074, then you are ticketed on KLM and it's definitely one booking.