We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air asia promo or regular ?

Halifax, United...
air asia promo or regular ?

Hello I have been looking on Air Asia website looking to book a few flights around the far east in nov but when the price for the flights comes up there are two prices promo and regular comes up even though theres only a few pounds difference between them I cant find anywhere that explains what they stand for, could anybody who has booked these explain, thanks

brussels
reviews: 57
1. Re: air asia promo or regular ?

The regular price stays the same throughout the year, but the promo price (when available) fluctuates. The so called AirAsia "BIG" sales offer the biggest bargains. These are 3 or 4 times a year. If your flight is a long time off, i would wait for a "Sale", a BIG sale if you can. Maybe someone knows in which months the BIG sales are held.

There are bargain prices available also when a new AA flight starts, which is not relevant to your question, of course. You can also get cheap seats a few weeks in advance from the BIG card AA frequent flyer club, but only on limited number of flights.

So, to recap, the answer to your question is "promo if you can wait"

Singapore
reviews: 113
2. Re: air asia promo or regular ?

If the "promo" rate is only slightly less go with the normal as there may be conditions such as fly by certain date, that you may not be able to satisfy.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 47
3. Re: air asia promo or regular ?

Much the same except with small savings on the "promo" fare. The thing about LCCs is that they're sometimes but not always super cheap .... so long as you don't change your flight. Depending on where you're flying to, I would also check full service airlines.

Halifax, United...
4. Re: air asia promo or regular ?

thank you all, ill book regular

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 47
5. Re: air asia promo or regular ?

Errrrr why on earth would you book "regular" when "promo" fares are cheaper! They are the same terms and conditions of travel.

Penang Island...
reviews: 9
6. Re: air asia promo or regular ?

As Jules says..book the promo

the promo fares and the regular fare (and the differential) vary all the time according to predicted load factors.

For intra Asia flights you can get some really good prices from time to time.

Enjoy your trip

PS a hint ...if the trip is over 2 hours and you can afford it...pay the extra for an over wing exit row. If there are 2 of you, pick the window and the aisle. You have a high probability of no one in between and you get the extra leg room.

For short trips I do not bother with seat selection.

Halifax, United...
7. Re: air asia promo or regular ?

ok thanks ill look at promo first

norfolk
reviews: 30
8. Re: air asia promo or regular ?

while air asia certainly has a huge number of fans - do be aware that many people have been left in the lurch by this airline. it starts up routes and then drops them, with little or no notice. fine, if the route is served by other airlines, and you know in advance. a bit different if you were relying on them to get you to your long haul flight, and they are not flying the route any more!

as someone said - low cost is not necessarily much lower than full service. so check out alternatives as well.

Norwich, United...
reviews: 140
9. Re: air asia promo or regular ?

I've flown Air Asia a lot across the Indonesian and Thai networks, whilst its true they have left people in the lurch before and dropped routes they do have nice clean modern aircraft and friendly service, there are a LOT worse out there. I'd happily recommend them and fly them again.

As others have said Promo gets you exactly the same thing, don't pay extra for regular on this occasion as it gets you nothing extra!

10. Re: air asia promo or regular ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 12, 2014