We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airportlostandfound.com

Airportlostandfound.com

Has anyone used this service? I did a few days ago and I believe it is a scam. In the FAQ it tells u that u can get an immediate refund upon clicking on the link to that effect but there is no such link. Furthermore there is no way to write to them and establish any kind of contact other than filing a lost and found claim form for which u receive no confirmation other than a hefty fee charge confirmed by Paypal. Has anyone had any kind of experience with them good or bad? Thx BB

74 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
1. Re: Airportlostandfound.com

Here's an article about them, linked to NBC news.

nbcnews.com/travel/airports-airlines-work-ha…

But, personally I'd stay away...

2. Re: Airportlostandfound.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:40 pm, June 03, 2013
Edited: 6:40 pm, June 03, 2013

3. Re: Airportlostandfound.com

Thanks so much for the info. Would you happen to have an address, e-mail or snail mail, or telephone number where I could reach them. I would like to have them remove my claim for that 'browse claim list' but there is no way to contact them other than filing a claim. Thx for your help.

Greenpoint, New...
4. Re: Airportlostandfound.com

Check your email receipt from Paypal, it should have the merchants email address for any purchases you make online.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 8
5. Re: Airportlostandfound.com

This website is a scam they state they can locate items at sydney airport Australia which is totally untrue despite website testimonials - stay away and don't pay.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 8
6. Re: Airportlostandfound.com

This website is a scam they claim to locate items at sydney airport Australia and they have testimonials stating items locate t sydney - these are all fake.

Edited: 2:40 pm, May 18, 2013
Iowa
reviews: 27
7. Re: Airportlostandfound.com

Clicking on the 'Contact Us' link gets no contact information at all.

I wouldn't do business with a company that tries to avoid communicating with customers.

London, United...
8. Re: Airportlostandfound.com

I used the service before but they had no luck locating my sons beloved stuffed pony tony. I did get a refund after 90 days which is a good thing, but I would rather my sons toy.

London, United...
reviews: 47
9. Re: Airportlostandfound.com

Looking at the website, it seems highly likely that it's a scam. In my opinion.

There are no contact details.

There's no mention of a charge, other than in one of the FAQ, about a refund if the item isn't returned.

There's no "I've found an item" option.

And I'd be sceptical about putting my phone number and email address on a site which anyone can access.

New York City, New...
10. Re: Airportlostandfound.com

I am very disturbed. I asked airportlostandfound.com to find my watch that was lost at JFK. They charged me about $80. I subsequently found the watch myself by contacting Security at JFK, which had sent it to British Airways (we were flying on United). I went back to the website which says that they guarantee a refund if they don't find the item or if you find it yourself, but they provide no way to make a request for a refund. The "contact" link provides a blank. There is no "request refund" link, despite their allegation that one can click on such a link to obtain a refund. My suspicion is that the entire website is a scam and should be shut down by the legal authorities. I would caution anyone against using this site until they provide a more transparent way to obtain a refund.

Edited: 7:54 pm, May 27, 2013
Reply to: Airportlostandfound.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted