We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin to Perth Flying back with 2 extra suitcases 40kg.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 21
Dublin to Perth Flying back with 2 extra suitcases 40kg.

Hi

I am off to Ireland this July. I am flying back to Perth on Ethiad and Virgin. I will have 40kg extra clothes luggage with me. There are 4 of us travelling. Should I mail the 40kg back with a sea freight company or would the excess payment of ( two suitcases) be better.

Many thanks

Ger

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 36
1. Re: Dublin to Perth Flying back with 2 extra suitcases 40kg.

It would depend entirely on how important those particular clothes you wish to transport. Have you considered how much of that excess could be divided between the four of you - if the other three in your party aren't up to their limit?

I would personally never consider bringing an extra 40kgs excess.

Edited: 2:43 am, May 08, 2013
UK
reviews: 87
2. Re: Dublin to Perth Flying back with 2 extra suitcases 40kg.

Can you not look this up yourself? The airline web sites or your travel agent will be able to tell you what the excess baggage fees will be. Then go to the Irish post office website and see what they charge. You could also check out The Excess Baggage Co in Ireland prices here http://www.excessbaggage.ie/service3.htm

Note that sometimes adding baggage to your flights, it may be far cheaper to add one suitcase than two, so that two people with one suitcase extra each would be cheaper than one person adding two cases.

You'll have to do the maths yourself :-)

Edited: 2:47 am, May 08, 2013
uk
reviews: 12
3. Re: Dublin to Perth Flying back with 2 extra suitcases 40kg.

Two years ago I sea freighted around sixty kilos of clothes to Perth for my son who was relocating there. Took over three months and cost in the region of £550GBP. Don't think I even bothered to find out how much excess luggage would have cost.....maybe three times that?

Perth, Australia
reviews: 21
4. Re: Dublin to Perth Flying back with 2 extra suitcases 40kg.

Many thanks

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 12
5. Re: Dublin to Perth Flying back with 2 extra suitcases 40kg.

These days most airlines charge set fees for baggage instead of per kg, so you could pay a set fee to carry for example 20kgs. Contact your airline and see how much it will be for the two bags one way. Ps. Max weight for a bag is 32kg so you will need to split it into two bags.

6. Re: Dublin to Perth Flying back with 2 extra suitcases 40kg.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 10, 2014