We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates/Qantas code share

Glasgow
reviews: 3
Emirates/Qantas code share

Flying on an emirates flight booked through Qantas. Anybody know whose baggage allowance I should follow? Emirates is 30kg but Qantas states only 23kg. No response from either customer service yet....

Thanks in advance

South Pole
reviews: 37
1. Re: Emirates/Qantas code share

u would expect the emirates allowance on an emirates flight.

White Beach...
Destination Expert
for Tasmania
reviews: 67
2. Re: Emirates/Qantas code share

If you're booked direct through qantas, the info at 'manage my booking' online details each flight and luggage allowance on each flight individually. I booked from Hobart and even the domestic part to Melbourne allows me 30kg. ( I booked after the change so the whole journey is 30kg.) but its quite clear as it details each flight separately.

Edited: 8:02 pm, May 06, 2013
uk
reviews: 12
3. Re: Emirates/Qantas code share

Just flown LHR to Per on Emirates on a Qantas ticket. Allowance was 30kg for Economy pax....and unlike previous Qantas rules in that fare category more than one piece was allowed. Just as well as I could not lift a 30kg bag!

Queensland
reviews: 156
4. Re: Emirates/Qantas code share

I believe since the launch of the partnership the baggage allowances have been streamlined, meaning 30kg on both airlines. Baggage allowance will be even more generous if you are a high tier FF or travelling business or first class. This is more than many airlines allow you to check in without additional fees.

Glasgow
5. Re: Emirates/Qantas code share

Just to confuse things I had a reply fron qantas to say the allowance is as per the ticket at 23kg. Makes no sense to me

uk
6. Re: Emirates/Qantas code share

If you bought your ticket before 26 February this year then the 23kg still stands. If after that date then it is 30kg.

However as you will see on the Qantas website it also depends on where you are going..you didn't,t say.....

Glasgow
7. Re: Emirates/Qantas code share

Was booked 25th jan. Glasgow to dubai return

uk
8. Re: Emirates/Qantas code share

GY.....is that on a Qantas ticket? QF flight number too? If Qantas then it is 23kg as you booked before 26 Feb.

Glasgow
9. Re: Emirates/Qantas code share

QF8028 Operated By Emirates is what is says on ticket. Code share is with EK028. Thanks for ur help

Edited: 8:40 am, May 08, 2013
uk
10. Re: Emirates/Qantas code share

Then it is 23kg in one piece only...sorry but safe travels and have a great trip.