We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tripair.com, advice please!!

Dublin, Ireland
tripair.com, advice please!!

Hi, just after booking flights from Dublin to New York with tripair.com, all I have received is an e-mail with a reservation code and a ticket number. Do I just print this out and bring it to check-in at the airport or is there something else I need to do? There is hardly any information on the website!

19 replies to this topic
Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
1. Re: tripair.com, advice please!!

Hi

Which airline?

Jackie

Dublin, Ireland
2. Re: tripair.com, advice please!!

Hi, Dublin to London with Aer Lingus and London to JFK with Virgin Atlantic.

UK
reviews: 88
3. Re: tripair.com, advice please!!

If you have your 6 digit reference number(s) then all you need is that and passport. Ticket number isn't normally used for anything except perhaps to find out your reference number (aka "PNR") if the one you have doesn't work.

You should be able to log into the airline websites with the right reference number(s) and your surname, and then print out your flight details from there, though that's not necessary to have printed, but handy as a reminder what time your flights are and occasionally if asked by immigration in US good to have.

In any case you should log in to the airline websites to check right now that your reference numbers are correct and you are on the flight. Having ticket numbers is a very good sign (unless its an out and out scam with fake ones).

Edited: 2:42 am, May 05, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
4. Re: tripair.com, advice please!!

Thanks, was able to log on with the reference number so seems to be grand, there is a different ref no there when I logged on, I have both anyway so should be fine.

Dublin, Ireland
5. Re: tripair.com, advice please!!

How do you log on with reference numbers? Sorry I'm just not sure how to do this.. I have just booked with tripair to San Fran and slightly worried about lack of information!

Dublin, Ireland
6. Re: tripair.com, advice please!!

If its virgin Atlantic your flying with there's a 'manage your booking' drop down box on home page, just enter your name and booking ref/ticket no.

Cavan, Cavan...
7. Re: tripair.com, advice please!!

I have just booked the same flights through tripair and I can log into the Virgin site but not aerlingus? Should I be able to use my booking ref for aerlingus to view my ticket or will it all be done through Virgin. Thanks

Dublin, Ireland
8. Re: tripair.com, advice please!!

I'm the exact same!! I booked from Dub with Heathrow (Aerlingus) and then Heathrow to JFK (Virgin Atlantic)...... I can log into the Virgin Atlantic site, but not the Aerlingus one?? My flight is not for 4 weeks but I'm starting to panics!! ALSO, the money had gone from my account but now it's back in it??

Utrecht, The...
9. Re: tripair.com, advice please!!

Tripair is very very bad!

I booked a trip and got the confirmation via email. A week later, I accidently noticed a message from tripair in my spam folder, sent from another email address. They cancelled my transaction due to security reason. According to my bank the transaction was succesfull and than refunded. Many attempt was taken to contact Tripair in order to complete this transaction. Tripair keep repeating their answer blaming the bank. No solution was offert. At that moment the ticket price raised for more than 1600 euro. Tripair even advise me to book from another agency. This is the worst customer service I ever encountered.

Viljandi, Estonia
10. Re: tripair.com, advice please!!

Hi! As I also had the same problem as you did, I wanted to ask whether the online ticket was valid or cancelled on the Airplane website? Since I booked tickets via Tripair and my airplane was Canada Air, I still have the option to cancel my flight on Canada Air website. Seems to be more logical when there is no possibility because Tripair has done it already?? Did you have the possibility to check your trvale information on the airplane's website?

Thanks in advance

Reply to: tripair.com, advice please!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted