We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Was first class full

Chiang Khong...
reviews: 1
Was first class full

Hi

Interesting story of pilots napping in business class while flight attendents watched the cockpit

bangkokpost.com/news/asia/348410/napping-pil…

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
1. Re: Was first class full

Hi,

I recall that model, the short range A320 for them is a 2-cabin only. C/J and Y, no F product.

Air India:

www.airindia.com/SBCMS/Webpages/A320.aspx…

Travel safe,

London, United...
reviews: 23
2. Re: Was first class full

I love the air India stories. Remember the guy recently, who, as the flight was overbooked, the boarding agents told him they would check to see if he could sit in the cockpit with the pilot? :))

Not exactly confidence inspiring,,,

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
3. Re: Was first class full

>> Remember the guy recently, who, as the flight was overbooked, the boarding agents told him they would check to see if he could sit in the cockpit with the pilot? <<

Now we know why! :-)

There was also the AI plane stuck at Gatwick for 8 hours due to a weather diversion and a crew time out. The relief crew got lost en route from Heathrow. I bet they took the EasyBus.

Edited: 2:00 am, May 05, 2013
London, United...
4. Re: Was first class full

Lol yes. Crazy airline, where this story is actually believable,,any other airline and you would think there was something more to it.

With air India, you think, yep, that probably happened, exactly the way they said it did:-))

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
5. Re: Was first class full

And to think that (a couple of years ago) they were wilthin a few weeks of joining Star Alliance. Actually, IF (note IF) they clean up their act, Star should welcome them back as it badly needs a partner in that region (Jet's gone and done a deal with Etihad).

My coworkers in India still recommend using the bargepole as a good judge of distance for AI, even though full service domestic there is getting scarse with Kingfisher being, if not dead, in a vegatative state.

Edited: 2:37 am, May 05, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 60
6. Re: Was first class full

More accolades for Air India in this article including alleged intoxication of Air India pilot and alleged fake pilot licences.

In addition, in this article a denial from Air India re pilots napping in Biz class. - I thought the hostess only flew the plane in "Airport '75 " anyway?? - Wheres Charlton Heston when you need him ?? - Maybe this will inspire another sequel ...... "Airport 2013 - Naan - A - Nap"

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/10…

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
7. Re: Was first class full

>> Maybe this will inspire another sequel ...... "Airport 2013 <<

It would have to be AirPLANE 2013. Search this forum and I think we could come up with a great screenplay. :-)

It would have to feature the Virgin passenger demanding his own hotel room even though one had just been assigned to his wife, a revolt over soggy toast in business class, and instead of the fish everyone would struck down by a pastry allergy due to profiteroles deviously disguised as cup cakes ....

.... all of which have been reported on this forum!

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 60
8. Re: Was first class full

USBT,

Lets not forget to add to the script ......

First class QF passengers who got off the plane because QF had no first class PJ's left in their size left.

Introduction of Kentucky Fried chicken to in flight meals on JAL

Two of my TA faves !

We could also feature one hit wonder TA rants during the plot.

Edited: 5:37 am, May 05, 2013
London, United...
9. Re: Was first class full

Ooh, still my fav, the guy who would never fly air Canada again as they did not give him free beer in the immigration queue,

Then we have the guy who would never fly one airlines first again as they forgot to give him his bread roll, even though they then gave him two, when he reminded them,,,

Trouble is,,,no one would ever believe it was actually all true,,,

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
10. Re: Was first class full

Lol