We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JET2/Olympic holidays

Durham, United...
reviews: 8
JET2/Olympic holidays

Do I have to pay for hold luggage check in, Olympic holiday flying with jet2 to Rhodes.I can`t seem to get an answer from Olympic holidays or jet2 so far. and if I have to how much does it cost at airport and check in on line.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
1. Re: JET2/Olympic holidays

Your luggage allowance should be on your paperwork from Olympic Holidays, and it will have told you while you were booking. As no one on here knows what you've booked, I think you'll have to check your paperwork or speak to Olympic. Jet2 won't be able to help you, as you haven't booked with them.

Durham, United...
2. Re: JET2/Olympic holidays

I have been trying o contact both Olympic and jet2. Can't get any reply from Olympic or jet2 that why I tried this forum with the hope that some one out there could help.I have seen on the net some people have been charged 40.00 pounds each way to check in there luggage because they did not do so on line. I do not want to get to the airport and find I could have saved a lot by doing it on line.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
3. Re: JET2/Olympic holidays

Jet2 won't be able to help you. Have you checked your paperwork? Olympic definitely tell you about luggage whilst your booking, whether it's flight only or a package holiday. Jet2 don't charge to check in at the airport.

wirral
reviews: 71
4. Re: JET2/Olympic holidays

Jet2 charge extra for each hold bag max weight 22kgs.Knowing how cost-economical Olympic are I am confident the basic cost of your holiday would not include a hold bag.Your contract is with Olympic and only they can tell you what you want to know.Not Jet2.

Liverpool
5. Re: JET2/Olympic holidays

Hi burnhopebum,

Just done a dummy run with Olympic Holidays from Manchester to Rhodes. For Eg, The luggage allowance is showing 22Kgs each.Could vary depending on Airport/Location. When you book holidays with Olympic, they use different airlines and lug allowance does vary. As Leyland has said, this should be on your paperwork. E,g. Below. You do need to check with Olympic though. You will also need to add your API information. The link below allows you to do this. Hope this helps!

Margaurite

http://www.olympicholidays.com/balance.asp

Price Summary

Included

Description

Price

Quantity

Total

Adult Price £300.55 2 £601.10

Flight Supplement £193.44 2 £386.88

Atol Protection Contribution £2.50 2 £5.00

22Kg Hold Baggage Included £-0.01 2 £-0.02

Online Discount

Baggage was automatically added!

Edited: 2:05 pm, May 03, 2013
Durham, United...
6. Re: JET2/Olympic holidays

thanks Margaurite, my final price summary reads like the one you posted.what puzzles me is why Olympic Holidays can not confirm that I will not be charged.

Maybe It`s just me being a silly old fool as this is the first time I`m taking a holiday on my own, including the booking and all the arrangements, this has always be done by my daughter, I just turn up and go.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
7. Re: JET2/Olympic holidays

Charged for what? If you're paperwork shows you've got checked luggage, as long as you stay within your allowance, there is nothing they can charge you for.

Liverpool
8. Re: JET2/Olympic holidays

Hi burnhopebum,

Under the heading "Price Summary" if you read down the page, and your luggage allowance is included, it will say so.Like the Eg above. Does it say this? Have you added your API. (Advanced Passenger Information)

Your not a fool, you came on the forum and asked! Did you book with a travel agent or online? Olympic will not have access to jet2 airlines information. You will need to ring Jet2 themselves, and give them your Ref No etc, and they will tell you your allowance, Hold and hand luggage.

Margaurite

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
9. Re: JET2/Olympic holidays

If he's booked a package holiday he probably won't have a Jet2 reference, and Jet2 won't have his details, only Olympic will have them. It is the tour operator that sets the luggage allowances when they block book airline seats for their package holidays. Obviously they won't exceed the airlines allowances.

Edited: 3:39 pm, May 03, 2013
Durham, United...
10. Re: JET2/Olympic holidays

Hi Margaurite, I booked on line have checked paperwork it states 22kg free baggage. I have been put in a quandary by some one saying on line they got charged by Jet2 to book in hold luggage they were on a Olympic holiday but flying Jet2. I will make sure that I carry extra money just in case. hope its not needed. happy holidaying.