We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air New Zealand - Business Class

Kent
reviews: 15
Air New Zealand - Business Class

My husband and I are booking a flight with Air New Zealand to New Zealand using their New Business Premier section on a Boeing 770-300 and would appreciate some help in selecting our seats. The seats are a single seat by the window, a walkway, then 2 seats together (but facing away from each other, a walkway and then another single seat by the window. Is it better to have the two middle seats together facing away from each other, or a window seat and one of the middle seats opposite separated by the aisle?

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
1. Re: Air New Zealand - Business Class

All personal preference. My wife and I always pick window seats one in front of another on similar configurations because we like having control over the window.

Bristol
reviews: 11
2. Re: Air New Zealand - Business Class

I found the latter to be better - if you want to see your travelling companion. You can use the visitor's 'seat' on either seat to sit with them for food or to chat.

If you tried it the other way then you would have to walk round the entire row to sit with them as the seats that face away from each other means there is a solid divider between you and your husband.

All in all though as you should be able to sleep most of the way (certainly trans Pacific) I would not be too concerned if you got stuck with the former option - Air NZ has a great service in J.

Paul

Kent
3. Re: Air New Zealand - Business Class

Thanks OP2002 and Paul. Very helpful information and we hadn't considered that if we sat in the middle 2 seats we would have to walk round the entire row to visit one another, very good point.

Thanks

Perth, Australia
reviews: 133
4. Re: Air New Zealand - Business Class

Agree with both replies - much better to have the window seats for both of you - much easier to use the small visitor seat. Air NZ 's premium business class is excellent - enjoy!

Kent
5. Re: Air New Zealand - Business Class

Thanks

Surrey England
reviews: 60
6. Re: Air New Zealand - Business Class

We are travelling to Auckland later this year and have booked window seats.This will be our third trip in BP and we have booked the single seats,one in front of the other,on the previous two flights.

The other option is for one of you to take a window seat and the the other to take a middle seat across the aisle.This way,you can sort of see each other and move between the two seats to sit on the little ottoman.Be aware,that conversation is kept to a minimum unless one person leaves the seat to talk.This has never bothered us though.Usually,my husband joins me to discuss menus,films etc.then we just relax in our own space and enjoy the Kiwi hospitality.I find the food and wine good for airline food,you do not have to have your seat in the upright position for take off and landing,the avod is available right from start to finish of flight and the flat beds with two pillows allow for a decent sleep on both sections of the flight

Enjoy, you will love New Zealand.

Kent
7. Re: Air New Zealand - Business Class

Thanks Mummygoat, very helpful information. We have been planning our trip for a few months now and finally booked it this week after lots of help from the TA Forum. We now have a 48 day itinerary which I think will work very well and we are really looking forward to it.

Thanks again and enjoy your trip

Surrey England
reviews: 60
8. Re: Air New Zealand - Business Class

If you need any further help I can recommend the NZ forum.They are are very friendly helpful lot .

Kent
9. Re: Air New Zealand - Business Class

Hi Mummygaot

Thanks I have requested single seats one behind the other as you have suggested.

I have spent many an hour over the past few months looking at the NZ forum and have posted a few questions, one of which you answered thanks, this helped us decide to do all our 6 week trip next Feb in a car rather than having a camper for some of it.

I have just spent a couple of hours looking at some of the comments you have posted, all of which have been very helpful. I, like you want to be fully up to speed before wwe go on what we are doing, where we are going, what we will eat and when to do some washing. I plan to take cool bag, flask etc with me if we have space and if not will purchase on arrival in NZ. We are staying in a mix of Hotels, B&B's and Motels and will try where possible to self cater, really don't want to be eating out every day for 6 weeks, some good simple cooking will be all we need on some days.

We finally booked our trip on Tuesday and for this trip decided to use a travel agents, we are hoping that alll the places we have chosen to stay are available, will hopefully find out tomorrow. Unfortuanlety they have already found one problem with out walk at the Tongariro Crossing and are trying to find a way around it, fingers crossed, if not we have a couple of spare days on North Island to re think.

Thanks for your help and everyone else on TA especially Wannak Lakes.

london
reviews: 34
10. Re: Air New Zealand - Business Class

Window seats, side by side in the first section of the aircraft