We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Label bag to mid-destination e.g. AMS-GRU-LIM, label to GRU

reviews: 16
Label bag to mid-destination e.g. AMS-GRU-LIM, label to GRU

I'm flying to GRU on a flight to LIM, but have a 1 day lay-over in GRU. Flying with TAM. Can I easily label my bag to GRU, or at least one of my bags to GRU to get the things I need?

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Label bag to mid-destination e.g. AMS-GRU-LIM, label to GRU

Why don't you ask the airline?

UK
reviews: 84
2. Re: Label bag to mid-destination e.g. AMS-GRU-LIM, label to GRU

You may have no option with such a long layover anyway, many have a 12 hour rule, eg you have to collect and redeposit.i haven't flown with this airline but in similar circumstances with another airline and very long layover, about 18 hours, I've been asked before what id like done, checked through or collect.

As well as ask on the day as a precaution you may also wish to pack the essentials in your carry on.

Edited: 1:56 am, May 01, 2013
Madrid
reviews: 7
3. Re: Label bag to mid-destination e.g. AMS-GRU-LIM, label to GRU

With a long layover most airlines will ask you which destination you wish your bags to be checked to.

4. Re: Label bag to mid-destination e.g. AMS-GRU-LIM, label to GRU

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 03, 2014