We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Admirals Club Day Pass

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
15,822 posts
262 reviews
Admirals Club Day Pass

Just a quick question to those who frequent AA Admirals Clubs. Are the one day passes for $50 USD really worth it? I'm thinking of purchasing one to get through a long upcoming layover at MIA.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,598 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Admirals Club Day Pass

As with anything it depends how you value the benefits.

I'd say for $50 it's a good deal. You get free alcoholic drinks (though premium ones still cost) and snacks plus somewhere quiet to eat. If you have a couple of drinks in the terminal at a ballpark $20 after tip then you're only looking at $30 for somewhere quieter to relax.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
15,822 posts
262 reviews
2. Re: Admirals Club Day Pass

That puts things into perspective I reckon. What type of snacks do they serve?

UK
Level Contributor
49,574 posts
93 reviews
3. Re: Admirals Club Day Pass

I haven't been to the MIA club for years but was at the ORD and LAX clubs fairly recently, don't get your hopes up with snacks, it's just things like pretzels and slightly bigger, it's not a full range of food as you get in Europe, say LHR. They do sell food though.

Madrid
Level Contributor
2,992 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Admirals Club Day Pass

There are 2 Admirals clubs at MIA.1 by gate 10 and 1 by gate 30.I prefer the 1 by gate 30.As well as snacks and drinks,the showers are very good,and you can access the free wifi.

I find the aircon in MIA is cranked up so much in summer that the terminal is freezing cold.The Admirals club aleays seems a little more reasonable so I use them often.As to wether its worth $50,only you can decide.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
15,822 posts
262 reviews
5. Re: Admirals Club Day Pass

Thank you all. It's a pity Business Class passengers in international itineraries can't use those lounges for free!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,598 posts
49 reviews
6. Re: Admirals Club Day Pass

Thank you all. It's a pity Business Class passengers in international itineraries can't use those lounges for free!

----------------

You can, just not the shorter international flights to Canada, Caribbean and Central America.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
15,822 posts
262 reviews
7. Re: Admirals Club Day Pass

OP2002

Really? So clearly that means I can't use it flying between MIA-BGI. What about MIA-LAX for example?

Regards

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,598 posts
49 reviews
8. Re: Admirals Club Day Pass

Customers in First or Business Class traveling to or from Europe, Asia, South America, Central America and Mexico City only. All other international destinations are excluded from the benefit of lounge access. Passengers eligible for access must provide their government-issued ID and a First or Business Class ticket or boarding pass valid for departure on the same-day or before 6:00 a.m. the following day. Stopovers are not permitted.

Transcontinental flights are American Airlines marketed and operated non-stop flights between the following cities:

Los Angeles / Miami

New York (JFK)/ San Francisco

•New York (JFK) / Los Angeles

Passengers eligible for access must provide their government-issued ID and a ticket or boarding pass valid for departure on the same-day.

•First Class traveling on nonstop, three-class transcontinental flight

•First-Class traveling nonstop on two-class transcontinental flight

•Business Class traveling on nonstop, three-class transcontinental flight

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
15,822 posts
262 reviews
9. Re: Admirals Club Day Pass

OP2002

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards

10. Re: Admirals Club Day Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 04, 2014