We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunwing flight/service/booking/passing the buck

Red Deer, Canada
sunwing flight/service/booking/passing the buck

my family flew with sungwing march 7 to what was supposed to be march 14. it was horrible from the beginnning. we flew from calgary to kelowna and we were late 30 min on a 45 min flight. our flight attendents were rude, mines name was nancy and she actually would throw things at me (earbuds, cookies, etc) i am a nervos flier and it was my first time. i also tend to get motion sickness while travelling. I asked for a glass of juice and she made this big deal about getting me a glass of juice to calm my stomach and i actually felt bad. when we got to the hotel we did not get the rooms we had booked. (2 ocean view with 2 beds we got 2 rooms that looked at a sandy lot with 1 king sized bed and it was my mother and i in one room and my uncle and grandmother in another) when we complained we were told that just because we had paid for that room doesnt mean we would get it. so for 3 nights my uncle and i slept on cots. i also have 4 subluxated discs in my neck and am going to chiropractor and physio to bring me outta pain from these broken down cots. we were moved into the rooms that we had paid for finally on the third day. on the way home we got to the airport and stood in line for 3 hours at the sungwing kiosk to get our tickets. we had just walked out onto the tarmack to board the plane and they cancelled our flight. we were in the airport for another 4 hours with no food or water or sunwing rep insite. i had to call back to canada to make sure my dad drive to calgary to pick us up but the number i could call was my husbands. my husband called my dad let him know that our flight was cancelled and my dad checked sunwings website and it said our flight was coming in on time. he called the flight line and again it said our flight was on time. finally we were shipped back to our hotels hungry tired and frusterated and they told us at 8 pm that our bus would pick us up at 1 am. i stayed up and it was announced at the nightly show our bus wasnt picking us up until 3 am now. i went back and went to bed. when we went to check out at 2 am the lobby was full of people who had not been told of the time change and were sleeping on the couches. we stood in line at the sunwing kiosks to get our tickets for 1 and a half hrs, then we were grounded bc no one could count how many people on the plane. for an 8 hour day the food was a sandwich (2 pieces of bread with a slice of meat and a slice of cheese) a fruit and a yogurt at 8 am. we landed at 3 pm. my husband and i both missed a days worth of work and i have $60 in international calls that shouldnt have been made. Sunwing has offered me and me alone $50 for a future flight. flight centre has passed the buck and refuses to deal with it. i recomend not using flight centre or sunwing as they now refuse to talk to me and we spent $6500 through them and have had nothing but poor service

UK
reviews: 81
1. Re: sunwing flight/service/booking/passing the buck

Next tiime post with paragraphs. Your massive slab of text is unreadable.

Milford, Ohio
reviews: 79
2. Re: sunwing flight/service/booking/passing the buck

RIght - I read it and now my head hurts!

Sorry you had a bad trip.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 32
3. Re: sunwing flight/service/booking/passing the buck

Flight Centre is just a travel agency. They have no reason to compensate you for the Sunwing problems.

As for Sunwing, I am not surprised at what happened....but as you admit, you are a nervous first time flier. I can tell you delays on charter type vacation airlines like Sunwing are very common, but these kind of delays can happen on any trip, at any time. You just have to take it in stride and vote with your wallet next time you fly and choose another airline.

Edmonton
reviews: 14
4. Re: sunwing flight/service/booking/passing the buck

On the room situation, while you can book an ocean view, bedding requests are just that, requests. You request one or two and there's no guarantee, so that is just unfortunate they werent able to accommodate you, but that happens. If everyone requested two beds in their room, they obviously couldnt' make everyone happy.

Sorry about the flight delays though.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 30
5. Re: sunwing flight/service/booking/passing the buck

Agree with MapleG,

Whilst unfortunate, your travel agent has little to do with what transpired, and should any compensation be forthcoming, it has to be from the operators.

Quick question - why did you choose to sleep in a cot, knowing you've got pre-existing back/neck condition? Even if the room type provided wasn't what you purchased, wasn't the King bed sufficient to share? No alternate accommodation elsewhere?

6. Re: sunwing flight/service/booking/passing the buck

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 02, 2014