We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

New York City, New...
Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

Buyer beware; you will receive a ticket that will get cancelled by the airlines.

34 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
1. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

Yes, because most of these websites promising cheap business class tickets work by purchasing frequent flyer miles from another person, and then selling you a ticket obtained by using these miles. This is against every frequent flyer program's rules, and if found out, your ticket will be cancelled.

The person who sold the miles will have their account closed and they will forfeit their miles, and you'll be out the cost of your ticket. There is no free ride.

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

Probably because they sold you a ticket using someone else's frequent flier miles which is against the terms and conditions of all FF programmes. That's how most of these 'cheap business class' sellers seem to work.

New York City, New...
3. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

I have used mileage tickets before with no issues; I just decided to try a cheaper source this time. I guess you get what you pay for. Got my money back and used the same service from a previous time, and got a last minute flight using miles and no problems.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 30
4. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

Alamacara,

It comes across to me, as if you're endorsing one dodgy practice over another. And neither of your posts is of any great benefit to the travel community.

New York City, New...
5. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

KVE1005,

I am sure I am not the only frequent traveler that uses mileage tickets as they come at a huge discount and are not illegal; against T&C's of the airlines, albeit if someone has a moral issue about it or not is another story altogether.

I just wanted to warn fellow travelers that use these types of services to stay away from this specific service as I had issues with them and I am not endorsing any other agency here.

I believe it might be beneficial to the travel community and hence why I am here. To benefit the community.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 30
6. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

You're absolutely right, I'm sure many use them or there wouldn't be this type of dirty market.

It's very kind of you to warn others from this specific service, but it would be better to warn others of this entire practice of trading FF points. The benefit you speak of is aimed at a tiny portion of the community, and certainly doesn't help the greater majority in my view. Nothing to do with moral issues, and yep it's not illegal - but recommending something that may potentially get someone stranded, isn't sound advice.

But I do love the thread title.

Edited: 7:44 pm, April 30, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
7. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

There seem to be quite a number of reports on here about these bartered frequent flyer tickets getting canceled lately; even over on those AFG threads the reports are showing up. So, either the sellers are getting careless, or the airlines are getting smarter and taking this more seriously.

Edited: 7:55 pm, April 30, 2013
Sacramento...
reviews: 41
8. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

Probably a silly comment on my part...but if you are a frequent 'traveler" as you say...why are you not earning FF miles by sticking to a loyalty program of an airline? We are not business travelers, but leisure travelers who fly to Europe once or twice a year - thus earning our own FF miles. Just returned from the UK last week in Business/First on miles earned from flights we've paid for in the past few years. This was the third time in 10 years we've managed to do that.

Going to Italy in October...and probably will feel a bit of a pang - but going Economy plus on United and looking forward to rebuilding our FF miles to take another upgraded flight. It might take a little longer to accomplish - but we haven't lost money or flights because we tried a "different" way of going premier.

Of course, you could always go the straight and narrow approach by purchasing business or first class from the airlines.

9. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:05 pm, May 09, 2013

London, United...
reviews: 22
10. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

VSFM, if you work for this outfit you should reveal it. You do your company no favours by hiding it.

On top of this, your post is one of the rudest I have ever read. Possibly why you have not revealed it.

Re the op, (S)he has clearly stated the reason for posting is a cancellation of an airline ticket.

Even if I was tempted to use a shoddy outfit like flymebusiness, your post has made absolutely sure neither myself or anyone else who had the misfortune to read it ever will.

I suggest the community does not vote your post out and lets it remain for others to see as a deterrent for ever doing business with this company.

Reply to: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted