We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ryanair refunds !!!

Colchester, United...
reviews: 20
ryanair refunds !!!

we finally received an e mail on 12.4.13 to say we will be getting our refund for our flight that was de-toured due to weather they said it will be within 10 working days !!! we are now at 12 working days and still waiting !!! they are so difficult to contact, you cant call them, try faxing and always busy !! you cant e mail them..

they really have the hold on you, and we will never travel with them again.

12 replies to this topic
UK
reviews: 46
1. Re: ryanair refunds !!!

I must have been sooo lucky when contacting RA by telephone yesterday! Our flights times to and from Chania have been changed by around 7 hours, meaning we land around midnight on a Wednesday, they have a day flight a few days later on the Saturday, so I called them and they changed our booking to return a few days later, so we have an extra few nights. It took exactly 2 minutes and 40 seconds from first dialling. I hope you receive your refund soon, give it a go, you may be surprised!

Colchester, United...
2. Re: ryanair refunds !!!

i have just managed to get through on the telephone, first they tried to tell me i was not due one as i had used the flight !!! i explained again that it was diverted and we had costs due to us, then they agreed !!!

they are forwarding it to Ireland as not sure where there calls go to.. and i have to call tmrw now to find out whats happening..

i think they are now taking the pee... its nearly 2 months since we travelled !!

and the last time we will travel with them.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
3. Re: ryanair refunds !!!

Are you talking about getting refunds for additional travel expenses? If so, have you mailed receipts to them? You won't be entitled to a refund for a flight that you've used, whether it was diverted or not. Are you sure that's what they agreed to?

Colchester, United...
4. Re: ryanair refunds !!!

yes its a refund for travelling expenses that we paid for after being diverted.

we sent all receipts on 11.3.13 and not until 12.4.13 did they reply to us saying then that we will receive our refund within 10 working days....

we are still waiting !!!

Colchester, United...
5. Re: ryanair refunds !!!

Contacted Ryanair again today, and oh how funny they say they have sent the refund cheque to us today...

all because i have been chasing this, god knows how long we would have been waiting otherwise..

Bo hoo.. to ryanair :(

London, England
reviews: 59
6. Re: ryanair refunds !!!

I really don't think that waiting just over a month for a refund is that long. I had correspondence with Thomas Cook over a problem in Egypt for almost a year before I got compensation.

Colchester, United...
7. Re: ryanair refunds !!!

It is when we were told at the diverted airport to pay the costs and we would get the refund in 10 days, what they meant was 10 days from confirmation !!! that was actually via e mail on 12.4.13 and we are still waiting, although the e-mail said we would have it within 10 days from then !!! i dont think we would have got it if i had not kept calling them.

i wonder how many people give up..

London, England
reviews: 59
8. Re: ryanair refunds !!!

Often the problem is that with these companies you never get to speak to the same person, so the problem goes round and round and you get fobbed off because in most places there is a total lack of customer service. Even if you take the person's name it is highly unlikely that you will get back to the same person.

With the problem I had with TC the person that had been dealing with my case had left the company, but it seemed nobody else bothered to take over my complaint.

Yes, I agree with you that some people just give up, but you have to keep badgering them. Like you I don't give up if I feel I have a genuine reason for complaint. Hope the cheque comes soon.

Colchester, United...
9. Re: ryanair refunds !!!

well todays post has come and gone with no cheque in it :(

if it is not here by Wednesday next week i will be callling again, its just so annoying when they say they have posted it but it never arrives..

they wont forget my name in a hurry :)

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
10. Re: ryanair refunds !!!

Hi

Aren't Ryanair an Irish company, so a cheque issued by them would probably be in Euros, and unless it was a goodly amount, hardly worth cashing, as anyone who has had to cash a foreign cheque would have found out.

Jackie

Reply to: ryanair refunds !!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted