We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EasyJet are now online check in only

Lincolnshire
reviews: 56
EasyJet are now online check in only

Hi All

There has just been an article on breakfast news stating that as from today, EasyJet is on line check in only and not at the airport unless in very exceptional circumstances.

I hadn't previously heard of this but have luckily already checked in online with them for my flight in couple of weeks time.

So I just wanted to warn everyone using Easyjet to print off boarding passes for both legs of their journey before they leave home - if your flights have been booked by a via a third party agent make sure to check whether these are EasyJet flights and again get checked in online.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: EasyJet are now online check in only

conference-news.co.uk/news/…5651

"However, passengers who forget to check-in online, or are unable to, will be able to do so at any of easyJet’s bag drop desks.

An easyJet spokesperson said: “We will be telling people on all our flights we have moved to online check-in but we don’t penalise people who don’t turn up with printed boarding passes.”

..... Yet!

Lincolnshire
reviews: 56
2. Re: EasyJet are now online check in only

I had a bad experience with Jet2 like that, one year it was free to check in at the airport, the following year there was a penalty and the third party agent I booked through didn't make it clear there was a change or how to check in online with a non-Jet2 ref number. We got royally stung!

I'll be amazed if EasyJet don't start charging people at the airport - mad really as it puts more check in staff on the dole queue!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
3. Re: EasyJet are now online check in only

>>mad really as it puts more check in staff on the dole queue!<<

If they are on the dole queue, easyJet will not be paying them wages, thus reducing its costs and (maybe) ticket prices.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
reviews: 158
4. Re: EasyJet are now online check in only

" the third party agent I booked through didn't make it clear there was a change or how to check in online with a non-Jet2 ref number."

___

Passengers responsibility I'm afraid.

London
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 74
5. Re: EasyJet are now online check in only

as it puts more check in staff on the dole queue!

======================================================

They still have staff to manage the bag drop. On a trip through Gatwick 10 days ago, they had more staff on bag drop than check in and more staff milling about than I've ever seen at an Easyjet check in area. I doubt dole queues will benefit overall.

England, United...
reviews: 25
6. Re: EasyJet are now online check in only

Haven't flown with EasyJet/Ryanair recently but is it still the case that you cannot check in for the return flight if your stay is longer than 3-4 days? I seem to recall that when we flew to Florence, we were unable to check in online until 72hrs. beforehand. This meant that we had to use the hotel's facilities and couldn't check in or print off our return flight boarding passes at home.

UK
reviews: 90
7. Re: EasyJet are now online check in only

Haven't flown with EasyJet/Ryanair recently but is it still the case that you cannot check in for the return flight if your stay is longer than 3-4 days?

=======

No. IIRC its something like 14 or 15 days with EJ and 30 with RA, but you can look on their websites. I did a 12 or so day holiday with EJ a couple years ago, no issue printing both outbound and return before I left.

Edited: 5:03 am, April 30, 2013
Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 159
8. Re: EasyJet are now online check in only

Anything that reduces queues at check in is to be welcomed, I think it's a good idea, it will probably take a few months for people to get used to it but after I'm sure it will make the whole process easier.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
9. Re: EasyJet are now online check in only

This new policy is a bit confusing and it's on an airport by airport basis. For instance at Schiphol you can use the kiosks at the airport to check in and I believe that is the case in a number of airports.

Of course then you still have to drop bags if required.

Always better to check in online before going to the airport though then you will notice any time alterations etc.

EZY check in is from 30 days prior, FR is 15 days or whatever they f'ing feel like.

Edited: 5:57 am, April 30, 2013
Leicester, United...
reviews: 1
10. Re: EasyJet are now online check in only

"30 with RA"

No, it's 15 with FR too. I have a flight in a couple of days and I could check in for my outbound at T-15 days but had to wait until T-15 on the return to check in for that flight.

Edited: 6:08 am, April 30, 2013