We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etihad Price Match Promise - Very Dubious

Nottingham
reviews: 9
Etihad Price Match Promise - Very Dubious

Despite phoning ETIHAD sales in Manchester and providing details of a cheaper flight then ETIHAD have refused to match this price

It took 16 days for them to reply ( 5 working days is their target as per their website )

The ETIHAD computer system cancelled ALL partner operated connection flights causing travellers to receive E:Mails announcing the cancellations and re-scheduling onto their own flights ( regardless of any delays that this might incur - notably 10 hours for our flights )

No compensation has been offered for any inconvenience

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 13
1. Re: Etihad Price Match Promise - Very Dubious

"Despite phoning ETIHAD sales in Manchester and providing details of a cheaper flight then ETIHAD have refused to match this price"

In my experience most price match promises are of little value - the flights obviously have to be the same and frequently have to be in the same fare class.

Nottingham
2. Re: Etihad Price Match Promise - Very Dubious

The flights were exactly the same otherwise I would not have asked them to Price Match

They chose just to ignore their Price Match Promise that they have on their website

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 13
3. Re: Etihad Price Match Promise - Very Dubious

"The flights were exactly the same otherwise I would not have asked them to Price Match" - but were they in the same fare class?

Llanelli, United...
reviews: 175
4. Re: Etihad Price Match Promise - Very Dubious

Most, if not all, price match guarantees are written in such a way as to make it almost impossible to claim on them. They are nothing more than a marketing ploy

Nottingham
5. Re: Etihad Price Match Promise - Very Dubious

Yes - they were exactly the same flights on Etihad flights

I could even of had the same seats

As per other comments they appear to just use this as bait to get you in

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
6. Re: Etihad Price Match Promise - Very Dubious

Your answers suggest that you do not understand the question. Were they the same FARE CLASS? The exact same seat on the exact same flight may be sold under two or more fare classes, with one having more restrictions on schedule changes and cancellations than the other. Did you check the fare classes of the fares you were comparing?

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 126
7. Re: Etihad Price Match Promise - Very Dubious

They also have to be that price on the same day you booked.

Nottingham
8. Re: Etihad Price Match Promise - Very Dubious

Yes - exactly the same flights - I could have even chosen the same seats

Etihad sales have been very professional BUT unluckily the people 'behind the scenes' are un-available to provide real customer care

Nottingham
9. Re: Etihad Price Match Promise - Very Dubious

For anyone still thinking I did not check or understand - The same FARE CLASS / SAME DAY OF BOOKING

Exactly the SAME

Another way of looking at this is :

Has anyone had ETIHAD refund money to them as part of their Best Price Promise ?

London, United...
reviews: 22
10. Re: Etihad Price Match Promise - Very Dubious

I have to say, I think you make a fair point, this really does just look like a marketing ploy and nigh on impossible for anyone to claim. I also would be interested to know if anyone had every claimed successfully.

Of course it could mean they were always the cheapest, but,,,.hmm.