We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unable to book airtickets via Tripadvisor

Dipkarpaz, Cyprus
reviews: 3
Unable to book airtickets via Tripadvisor

I have spent over an hour trying to book tickets via tripadvisors partners opodo, expedia and bravofly. All let me go through the whole procedure and then just stopped, one of them insisted that I took insurance. As it wasn't so much I decided to go for it, but it would not let me select it, similar problems on the others.

Went to the airline direct and got it without problems, took me 10 mins, 75 mins before without result

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 268
1. Re: Unable to book airtickets via Tripadvisor

Always book directly with the airlines. Use TA, kayak.com and the others only as a help to find the best possible routing.

I don't know the exact source of the problems you faced, but often Opodo and the others are proposing prices on search websites (such as TA or Kayak) that, when trying to book them, suddenly become unavailable. Of course a more expensive one is then offered...

UK
reviews: 84
2. Re: Unable to book airtickets via Tripadvisor

You had a very narrow escape with the first and last of those three, lots of complaints in here. I'm not sure they can be referred to as "partners" in any case (whatever TA may say), more like advertisers, since any problems, TA certainly wont get involved at all, which would be one of my definitions of a partner.

Pretty much everyone here recommends you book direct.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
reviews: 39
3. Re: Unable to book airtickets via Tripadvisor

I also vote for booking direct with the airlines. I just use Tripadvisor to compare prices.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
4. Re: Unable to book airtickets via Tripadvisor

opodo, expedia and bravofly are not partners of TripAdvisor - they are paying advertisers.

Just be happy your booking did not go through.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
5. Re: Unable to book airtickets via Tripadvisor

I've been able to use Expedia without problems, and some airline Web sites (especially non-US carriers, in my experience) are not easy to use. But in your case, it certainly worked out best for you to book directly with the airline, which is my preference when possible.

Dipkarpaz, Cyprus
reviews: 3
6. Re: Unable to book airtickets via Tripadvisor

Thanks for all your advice, you are quite right.

I was looking for an alternative to easyjet, - nothing wrong with them!!!! - , just their arrival time in Gatwick was a problem this time. I looked on TA and somehow got sucked into the system. I have learned my lesson!!

7. Re: Unable to book airtickets via Tripadvisor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 03, 2014