We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost paperwork ...

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 28
Lost paperwork ...

I'm due to travel to the Dominican Rep in 10 days. I've lost my paperwork I received when booking in store. Once I receive my tickets will I be ok with just the tickets and passports ? I've already checked in online. Just thought I'd check if anyone can help.

Thanks

FalcyG

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
1. Re: Lost paperwork ...

All you normally need is your passport as they can call up your booking from that although a note of your eticket number or PNR is useful just in case.

I'm sure if you called into the store or rang them they could print out a copy of the paperwork.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
2. Re: Lost paperwork ...

Falcy

I think you're flying with Thomsons? I didn't think they'd started online check in yet, but if they have you will need to take your printed boarding passes with your passport to the bag drop.

It's always wise to have a copy of your paperwork with you though, in case there's any problems or discrepancies while you're away.

Fredericton, Canada
reviews: 27
3. Re: Lost paperwork ...

Hi there.

Are you staying at an all-inclusive resort? My experience is with Cuba, not DR, but it might apply to you so I thought I'd mention it. I have twice seen people delayed for extended periods of time at check-in (I mean, hours) because they did not have a copy of the voucher from the resort or their travel agent for the resort stay. We consider passports, tix and resort vouchers the 3 docs we would not travel without. I'm sure Thomsons or whoever can get you a copy by email or fax before you leave.

(Of course, communications is so ridiculously bad in Cuba that the problem might be unique to there, and that they can't see your booking online while a resort in the DR could. So there's that to consider too.)

Edited: 6:29 pm, April 28, 2013
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 32
4. Re: Lost paperwork ...

Agree with RonnieCat--if you are at an all inclusive, make sure you have your hotel/resort voucher with you. Just call the travel agency you booked with and ask for reprints of all documents. VIrtually all docs are electronic these days, so not really a problem to get you another copy

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
5. Re: Lost paperwork ...

If you book a package holiday with a UK tour operator, you don't get a voucher , or anything else to hand in at reception. . I've got friends that stay in the DR and they've never been asked to hand anything in, and neither have I in Cuba or Jamaica.

6. Re: Lost paperwork ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 01, 2014